America down the toilet

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by bat1, Jul 1, 2008.

1. America is still great, but many have such narrow mindsets. The most difficult thing to do - is to change oneself - it's really, really hard.

The type of self-destruction from within is evident psychologically when people go through traumatic episodes, and it also happens on larger scales - like countries or societies. In the military you are to some extent torn down, and then rebuilt molded into a soldier. The process can reshape things, and most people and societies just change when they hit rock bottom. If you see someone adapting quicker, they are called "visionaries" and smart by others who were not so quick.

Well, understanding that globalization and widespread democracy have some equalizing effects is just the basic gist of what's happening. The mechanics are just the same as before, but the currents for consumption and growth cycles have changed - gotten much stronger elsewhere.

Understanding that goods are going to be more expensive and that salaries in other countries are going to rise, makes it necessary to adapt to this reality - sooner than later. In practical terms it means that gasoline prices, food prices, textiles and labor-intensive goods are going to become more expensive -- with the smart thing to do switching over to alternative fuelled vehicles, reshaping diets and other habits - or even foreseeing the changes to capitalize on them.

The US car industry is the prime example of someone who are dead set on not changing before it's too late. "The american way of life ..."

Through research and flexible market conditions - the US will be able to adapt, but further restrictions seem to be the way opted for by the current political climate. Also a craving for always looking for and providing "the easiest way out" with less pain, when what is really needed is some moderate discomfort over time to adopt ... well, that strategy has just bombed like a ton of shit. We see the credit crisis, housing crisis and all the results of always choosing the "easiest and least painful route" to solving life's/society's problems ...

You actually need to work, and not try to stay a decadent lazy slob with nothing to do. Least resistance is not the way out - but it's the popular choice for electors - who are just plain ignorant in their history of choices and only listening to what they want to hear from whatever propaganda spinner they find makes their comfort and wellness levels rise the fastest.

:D

#21     Jul 3, 2008
  2. Cesko

Cesko

I knew it!! Following your posts I know you enjoy being depressed.

#22     Jul 3, 2008
  3. Cesko

Cesko

On this forum for the first time in my life I feel like wild-eyed optimist with unbridled enthusiasm and zest for life.:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

#23     Jul 3, 2008
  4. No one should confuse pessimism and realism.

#24     Jul 3, 2008