America 2020 Through 2040...The Era Of The 80+ Year-Old

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Banjo, Oct 19, 2019.

1. Banjo

Banjo

2. Oh Yeah, us oldster's gonna RULE! :D

3. But only for a little while.

:)

beginner66 likes this.
  4. Bugenhagen

Bugenhagen

If you are very lucky after being abused for a few years by corrupt care homes.

I doubt 10% or more of the young workers want careers wiping elderly bums.

5. My hope is I can leave enough money so that my children can pay the nursing home staff to only beat me once a week...:(

6. volpri

volpri

Bingo and that is why our leaders will not deal with or solve the illegal problem. Somebody has to make money to pay into the system to keep older Americans getting those monthly checks. Politicians “know” it will be their upending if SS ..medicare..etc stops. Politicians raided the social security trust fund years ago. Now that they accomplished that they to want to raid the funds that are presently (weekly...bi-weekly etc) being paid into social security (I read that somewhere and have no reason to doubt it).

So now we hear so much jabber about SS and other programs in deep trouble. Well, if USA would quit being a globalist....quit fighting these senseless wars to maintain USA hegemony we take in enough money from taxes that those previously mention programs would not be in so much trouble.

But see there is $$$ in war. Figure out who makes alot of it?

When Mr T went in Office the whole world it seemed like was bellyaching about (oh he is going to get us in war after war...he is a warmonger...he is going to wreck the economy...etc ad nauseam..). They could not understand his modus operandi. So...the economy is doing great. We are pulling out of these senseless wars and guess what...now they are bellyaching about that. Well what is that all about? One thing hegemony. Power. Dominance. The old globalist guard are losing their control. The old globalist Corporations that abandoned America to line their pockets and convinced congress to pass these catastrophic trade deals that are for their benefit (both) at the expense of the country and it’s citizens. Well guess what Mr T is turning the whole thing on a dime and they can’t stop squealing. NOTHING he does is right. He can’t even make a joke. Thank goodness he doesn’t care what they think. Finally we got a president that will fight for the country and for the people and undo all the mess the politicians and corporations have caused.

It will be an landslide in the coming election if they fail in the impeachment. That is my prediction.

SO...end these senseless wars...End globalism....put America and it’s citizens first....focus on our own problems and quit being the worlds policeman...quit trying to maintain US hegemony. Mind our own business. We can straighten out our budget and our debt problem. Put in politicians that put America first.

I have lived in several countries. I well remember people asking me to bring this and that from my trips to the USA. They wanted stuff that said MADE IN THE USA. That desire very prevalent was back in the 60’s thru the 80’s and before then. In the 80’s all that started changing with these catastrophic trade deals. When it first came out I was for NAFTA. I thought it would be great for America. Boy was I wrong.

athlonmank8 likes this.
  7. tommcginnis

tommcginnis

I have always told people that I wanted to hike the Pacific Crest Trail up California, Oregon, and Washington, when I'm 75. (It was almost entirely routed by the USFS, who are *renowned* for turning any decent trail into an unpaved interstate highway... Grrrr.) Before I do that, there's the Continental Divide Trail -- a goodly portion of which does not even *have* a recognizable route. (It's more a "braid" -- a general idea -- a solid notion...) While all this is going on? Passivvvvvvvvvve income, baby. My expenses will be bad-for-me food, a multi-vitamin, and good socks. (Oh, and the occasional shower, heh.) Once a year, maybe: a good sleeping bag or three, to rotate through some post offices -- figure $1000. You get the idea.

If I can die on a mountainside? Have coyotes gnaw my bones? Fertilize next year's edelweiss? I could think of worse things....

8. SteveM

SteveM

Did you know that during the Middle Ages, European kings had an assistant titled "Groom of the Stool", whose job was the wipe the kings ass.

It was considered a very prestigious position.

tommcginnis and Bugenhagen like this.
  9. Bugenhagen

Bugenhagen

The US will be offering a LOT of visas to anyone with soft hands in central America.

Only snag is there will be considerable competition for those willing to be groom of the stool for the decayed elderly looking at the latest figures on diabetes.

https://data.worldbank.org/indicator/SH.STA.DIAB.ZS

SteveM likes this.
  10. [​IMG]

#10     Oct 19, 2019
    Turveyd, Bugenhagen and athlonmank8 like this.