amd vs intel

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by oldtime, Dec 15, 2012.

1. well, that was quick, while looking at the site, a window popped up and asked me if I wanted to chat

I asked the difference and the lady told me the intel b830 was faster than the amd e1 1200

2. shfly

shfly

3. If you buy an AMD you are not serious about computer trading.

4. dom993

dom993

I was a long-time AMD customer, up until about 5 years ago, at that point I did switch-over to Intel because of getting increasingly frustrated by the lack of reliability of their chips (1 Athlon died, 1 AMD-inside laptop also died, 1 low-end CPU never got stable)

Since then, I have had 2 x Intel Q6600 overclocked from 2.4GHz to 3Ghz (1 for R&D the other for live trading), which have been working absolutely flawlessly for 5 years.

2 years ago, I built a pair of AMD desktops for my 2 kids (non-overclocked) ... one CPU died after 6 months, I did RMA it and was shipped another faulty CPU. For the sake of time, I bought another AMD CPU, which died in about a year. Then they had 1 ATI (now AMD) video-card dying on them. Before that, I had always been on nVidia, never a problem ...

I.. and I never had any problem with Intel CPU either (I had a few of these, too - Pentium 166MHz, Pentium-II 233MHz, Celeron 850MHz).

Long story short, I would go Intel over AMD any-day, and even more so for a laptop.

5. Eddie Z

Eddie Z

As a trader you want to go with an Intel i7 Ivy Bridge Mobile processor....

i7-3610qm
    i7-3620qm
    i7-3630qm

The ones you are looking at do NOT have enough processing power..