AMD rumor

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Richard Tyler, Feb 2, 2006.

1. http://www.techspot.com/news/20311-amd-to-pass-intel-in-growth-by-2007-says-forb es.html

EXCERPTS:

Forbes has some interesting things to say about AMD, namely that in the next few years and beyond the company will surpass Intel in growth and performance, making them much more valuable.

Basing this on product releases and technology advances, the prediction also includes that AMD's 45nm manufacturing will be well ahead of Intels and that it will take a long time for Intel to catch up.

”Analysts are also predicting that Intel will not have the ability to catch up to AMD until Intel releases products on new 45nm fabrication processes, which isn't expected until 2008 claims Forbes. We reported earlier that AMD is transitioning its Fab 36 in Dresden to mass produce its next generation processors (both dual-core and quad-core) on a 65nm process. Intel on the other hand, has demonstrated that it has successfully started working on 45nm technology but its main production will be 65nm through to 2008.”

Disclaimer:

The above is simply a reflection of my stock sentiments. My stock picks are provided as my personal opinions. I'm not a stock broker, investment advisor, or securities dealer. The above information has not been verified to be correct. It may have been done in hindsight and in a theoretical scenario. My posts and sentiments are just my opinions and are not intended to be trading advices. I'm just sharing my viewpoints on this stock. Do your own research before investing. You should consult a qualified financial advisor or stock broker before making any decisions to invest.

#21     Feb 12, 2006
  2. craneman

craneman

I'm short AMD this morning at $39.71.

#23     Feb 13, 2006
  3. What is your stop loss on this trade ?

#24     Feb 13, 2006
  4. craneman

craneman

Stop is at $42.49

#25     Feb 13, 2006
  5. craneman

craneman

Old thread, but I thought I'd update anyways. Covered my short this morning at $25.69. It took a few months to play out but its been a nice ride down. :)

#26     Jun 15, 2006
  6. Adobian

Adobian

Intel's Conroe is going to be king.

#27     Jun 15, 2006
  7. Yes, " King For the Day."

#28     Jun 16, 2006