Amazon reviews on options books

Discussion in 'Options' started by xandman, Feb 2, 2014.

1. xandman

xandman

I try to keep abreast of options books on Amazon. I though I was familiar with, though have not read, all the titles.

Recently, a book by Samir Elias, popped up on the radar with 70 reviews and over 90 % positive.

How did I possibly miss this and secondly, your thoughts on the book?

2. i've never heard of him.

i'm sure u know all the classics. but have u heard of simon gleadall? i discovered him through an interview with filthy. he has four books out now in the last year....from our conversations, i assume u will benefit from them.

3. just21

just21

Thanks for the info. Ordered.

4. just21

just21

What other option books do you recommend?

5. xandman

xandman

Nice picks, ferry. Those books seem more practical than theoretical. I wonder if they require a sub to volcube.

6. The books stand on their own. U don't need a volcube sub. I learned of this guy from euan.

7. Doobs789

Doobs789

Most option-related texts are garbage.

Go read Hull and you'll be fine. Baird and Sinclair are also worthwhile. After that, there isn't much more you can learn via text. Watch the market, or get a job at a firm that will train you (if you go that route then forget about option textbooks, brush up on your math).

8. xandman

xandman

Hull feels rather bland and removed from trading for me. I do intend to master Sinclair's book. I believe everyone's high regard, but I need to attack learning at a different angle when things get dry.

I have gone thru 3 of the 4 books by Gleadall. Rather pricey for a quick read., but it has confirmed some of my trading practices and pet theories. It has also allowed me to categorize my strategies and better understand my performance. I got my money's worth.

Interesting to learn that classic dispersion trading is so 20 years ago. Sounds unreachable for mortals now.

9. Doobs789

Doobs789

No book out there is going to explain exactly how to trade options, profitably. You still need to find your own edge. For me, the hardest part was making the leap from conceptual learning to implementation. After awhile, you'll realize that trading is often simpler than you thought it would be.

10. #10     Feb 4, 2014