Amazon quality...Things have to change

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Cabin111, Dec 23, 2023.

1. Cabin111

Cabin111

Yeah, I own some Amazon stock. But this video rings true.

Deceptive reviews and poor quality.

2. BKR88

BKR88

WMT is similar with regards to reviews IMO but probably not as bad.
    I made a somewhat negative review of a product from WMT but it was never posted.
    Retailers like WMT/AMZN control the number of negative reviews. They just want sales ... $$$.

Home Depot is a bit different. Their products are mostly good quality even if you buy the lowest price product in a category.

3. notagain

notagain

Quality is disappearing because corporations coupled with China (root of all evil with Bush senior as Satan).

4. Overnight

Overnight

Made in China. The only reason you think AMZN's China shit is better than WMT's China shit is better is because you get AMZN's shit faster.

The same goes for HD and LOW. They get the same shit from the same China factory working the same factory kids. They just have different brand names.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 25, 2023
  5. BKR88

BKR88

IMO, WMT/AMZN will sell you anything as long as they can make a profit after dealing with customer complaints. HD/LOW will not sell junk just to make a profit.

For the past 10 years I’ve been buying & fixing up homes to lease out then sell. I’ve gotten lots of repair items from the different stores.
    If I bought from HD/LOW I didn’t have to worry about getting junk.
    Example: Color Place paint at WMT is junk and very inconsistent. Some cans are thin as water. The lowest price paint at HD is Speedwall by Glidden. Price is only slightly more than WMT but very consistent and good quality.

“Made In China” doesn’t mean it’s always junk. AAPL makes phones in China and I don’t think many consider those to be junk. Just depends upon quality control and what the manufacturer is willing to pay.

Just my personal experience.

Merry Christmas :D

Cabin111 likes this.
  6. Overnight

Overnight

Oh blah, stop defending the China bloviators. I was making a point (I think) and you come along and blow out my pointy. Merry fucking X-Mas you pointillator. (That should be a song).

BKR88 likes this.
  7. Overnight

Overnight

And fuck it all, I just now found a typo I made, and hope Magna is still around this holiday to fiix it before bloody new Years. Frak!