Amazon (long term traders) Warning!

Discussion in 'Trading' started by bali_survivor, Nov 28, 2003.

1. Bob111

Bob111

there is plenty of order problems with amazon. i order some stuff, enough for free shipping,check option -to send only everything together. they send me my stuff piece by piece and charge S@H for it. after i found it-they issue a credit,blaming on technical issues. then-they did it again and again. then-after i send entire order back and tell them that i don't want have any business with them they charge me for PRINTING SHIPPING LABEL. i never use their label or shipping or whatever, since we have UPC right in our place and it cheaper. on my order-total amount been changed day by day without any reason. then-they try to charge me for restocking fee on unopened items(like dvd in factory wrap,never been open) i can only imagine,how much money they will made during holidays on such errors. all together-i found more than 6 errors in one single order and still did not receive all my money back..probably i will file complain to federal trade commission, to investigate all this crap.

#11     Nov 28, 2003
  2. izeickl

izeickl

You wouldnt be the first IT person to be heavily overpaid.

#12     Nov 28, 2003
  3. Oddiduro,

I am not predicting the demise of AMZN, just that their business concept is flawed and I suggested not buying a digital downloadable book from them.

Peace

(Do not feed the trolls, the trolls live off negativity

#13     Nov 28, 2003
  4. Their business concept is flawed all on basis that they lost your digital book?? AMAZON is a good [long] term short because they lost your digital book?? BWHAHAHAHAHAHA!! Thanks for the laugh. LMAO!! :p :p

#14     Nov 28, 2003
  5. Mecro

Mecro

I thought it was the whole profitability thing with Amazon. You know, the lack thereof.

#15     Nov 30, 2003
  6. Bolts

Bolts

I suppose Amazon just needs a more accurate way to verify that the entire book was downloaded. Doesn't mean the business model is inherently flawed.

#16     Nov 30, 2003
  7. just because u got screwed on the product dont mean jack in terms of stock price performance. stock price is determined by supply and demand.

#17     Dec 1, 2003
  8. fleance

fleance

I have bought software that is downloaded only (no CD shipped), and the policy was much easier than what you describe from Amazon.

After accepting my payment, they would email me a link to the download site and I would have 24-48 hours to download the software. That way, if my download fails, I can retry/resume it.

If Amazon only allows you a single try to download the book, then that is definately flawed;

#18     Dec 1, 2003
  9. MrDinky

MrDinky

Even if their digital downloads are problematic, as you say, I seriously doubt they're a significant portion of Amazon's total revenues. So, other than one bad order, perhaps you can elaborate on the reasons why you believe Amazon's business model is flawed?

:cool:

#19     Dec 1, 2003

10. I don't know what this guy is talking about, fleance.

I have purchased four ebooks from Amazon and they downloaded with no problems. (Both Microsoft and Adobe varieties.)

If I log into my account at Amazon I have the option to click a button, "Download Again". Even though I've already successfully downloaded them once.

#20     Dec 1, 2003