Amazon has just registered crypto domain names

Discussion in 'Crypto Assets' started by Pekelo, Nov 5, 2017.

1. Pekelo

Pekelo

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/11/01/amazon-buys-crypto-domains-bitcoin-ethereum.html

Funny enough, about 5 years ago I predicted that big retailers will introduce their own cryptos. When I am less lazy I will dig up the thread.

It actually makes a lot of sense, because they have built in large customer base (immediate possible users), huge computing powers and pretty much that is all you need to successfully start a new crypto.

trademan1 likes this.
  2. Cuddles

Cuddles

I'm hedging on Amazon or Alibaba being the 1st "big" adopters. I think overstock and Newegg have been for a while.

3. Pekelo

Pekelo

From memory this was my plan for Amacoin. Jeff still has to get back to me on this one:

1. Premine 100 mm Amacoin with a max. future supply of 200 mm.
    2. Give each Amazon user 1 coin with a starting value of $5. The coin has to be used in 1 month to buy something on Amazon, otherwise it goes back to Amazon. It is basically a $5 coupon in the beginning. This minimum price is also guaranteed for the future by Amazon.
    3. At the same time open a brokerage where Amacoin can be traded and also release the code so it can also be mined by others (decentralization), but Amazon's cloud will stay a majority among miners.

This way Amacoin can easily beat BTC in usability and user base. Even if just 30% of Amazon users use it, that is 30 million crypto users right in the first 30 days. Also, no matter how Amacoin is traded, it will have a minimum price guaranteed by Amazon. Amazon being the biggest retailers on Earth also the biggest market place where a crypto would be accepted. In the beginning to choke competition other cryptos wouldn't be accepted at Amazon. Once Amacoin established itself as a leader other cryptos are accepted too.

Amazon being the biggest miner and having sort of control of a huge number of Amacoins could quasi control the market. If price gets crazy, the sell, and take profits. It would be good for PR, they would probably make money on it even if the original introduction is a loss for them.

Jeff, call me.... Or whoever is in charge at Walmart.

4. just21

just21

5. Metamega

Metamega

That’s the same thing as reward points from many retail shops...

We’ve had Canadian tire money for decades in Canada, that’s actual paper money... only worth what others want to pay for it lke anything ...

wrbtrader likes this.