Amazing

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by stock777, Nov 17, 2009.

1. Jack, thanks for reminding me about "Cash Cow." Looks like YOU'RE really the one who missed the boat on it.

Why hasn't ScottD posted an update since March when he said "Cash Cow" (as certified by you) isn't profitable?
    http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=2462769&#post2462769

And about all the people meeting in Vegas... are they doing as well with your "methods" as ScottD and some of your other "success stories"? For example:

nwbprop -- flamed out under your direct tutelage. Unfortunately, that thread was deleted but there are some who remember it.
    http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=1109633&highlight=nwbprop#post1109633

Neoxx -- you said Neoxx was doubling his money every three days when he was actually losing money.

RoughTrader -- your claims about his trading deflated each time I called you on it and he hasn't posted since May.

04-23-09 01:26 PM
    "For SCT like trading, rough trader takes 1500 dollars to 94,000 dollars"
    http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=2399521&#post2399521

04-26-09 06:51 PM
    "Bottom line: looks like roughtrader makes 20,000 a month on two contracts average while scaling out of entries on his ATS"
    http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=2403231#post2403231

05-22-09 07:28 PM
    "Rough trader is only making a couple thousand a month on a couple of contracts. He needs to make one adjustment to make 20,000 a month. He needs to add 18 contracts to his trading cars"
    http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=2437715#post2437715

#41     Nov 21, 2009
  2. gucci

gucci

??? Why did you do that call?

#42     Nov 23, 2009
  3. I felt the market would fall from the close since there was short being traded going into the close.

Edit:

"In NYSE time, it bottomed (1084) about 3 hours before monday open."

This sentence isn't true. I didn't locate the end of the short sentiment after the close correctly. This was after the close Thursday.

After Friday close, the maket went mostly from short to neutral to long. (A saucer formation that ended the short bias)

On the open, after gapping, a long started the day and a short happened after the three VE bars that ended the open as a carrryove to an ftt to begin the short. FTT's do not occur on VE's.

The news provided the usual three moves and the short resumed after that (close of bar 8)

I had a data failure on everything for a few seconds just before the news.

During this period of the market getting long channels to complete will be tough going.

Edit amplification.

As the short progresses, accelerate the RTL when VE's occur. Also be cognent of how prior longs still in the nonstationary window can get cancelled and the price movement focusses on extenting the prior FTT of the short that aw becore the cancelled long.

#43     Nov 23, 2009
  4. Smart Money has been selling the 1108s and above and were already holding short. 1082 is the support that was holding the market. If we were able to gap below that, we could have definitely have had some fun today.

It looks like instead of gapping down, we gapped up and created a lateral/congestion on the 60 minute. Hoping we can take out the 1080s tomorrow. That should get longs to really bail and then make lower lows and lower highs on the 60 min.

If that happens and we are able to take out major supports of 1025 and 1015, then we can start making lower lows and lower highs on the daily timeframe.

Then finally I would think the tide has turned and we get some real nice moves down.......ITs TAKING FOREVER :(

#44     Nov 23, 2009
  5. gucci

gucci

Thank you for the reply.

#45     Nov 23, 2009
  6. I don't want to do any antagonistic commentary on the markets or my calls.

I feel the the market often forms a series of scallops as it functions. These could be regular or inverted. Saucer is another name for a scallop.

The one pager on PVT trading works off the daily "volume scallop",

You took exception to my call on the weekend. That is fine with me.

I made an effort to post to you and I failed to provide a correct and simple reference. (I then corrected my reference and I additionally noted a couple of things to consider with respect to the current economic context for short sentiment during the day's progression of bars.)

Attached is an example of what I was suggesting now that my comments have unfolded for the day.

What you see it a series of interconnected happenings that I have explained during the past week.

Suffice to say the collective envelope of price's progress is the left half of a saucer formation.

Many people will make strange and different assumptions as they PREDICT the future of this left half saucer. I cannot help what others do.

The open this AM was very very clear to anyone who annotated it. So was the NEWS and so was the application of the pattern for the rest of the day.

I tried to outline very briefly how to handle the day after the short resumed after the news.

My comments are worthless to any one who is doing induction rather than deduction. My comments are NOT predictions. what my commnets are that could be valuable, are comments that can be understood by people who followed and did the work outlined over the five years we presented how to use the paradigm and its applications.

There is no way a person using an inductive based Price Action approach is going to be able to use or include a deductive paradigm for trading the markets.

These people will ALWAYS fault the application of a deductive approach to trading.

You fault my call and there is good reason for you to do so. You noticed the market gapped up this am and for you, that makes my Friday comment WRONG.

For me I just used the paradigm and its applications to the finest granularity and obeyed the market's tells and order of events to trade the RTH's news included.

#46     Nov 23, 2009
  7. NYCMB

NYCMB

Hi Jack

I have conceptual problem to understand the critical ZONE. Could you comment the attached chart if I interpret your statement correctly. Good trading to you! TIA

#47     Nov 23, 2009
  8. NYCMB

NYCMB

Hershey Hinge

#48     Nov 24, 2009
  9. Thanks for posting this comment.

I typed, in my original comment, a sloppy comment that I did review sufficiently to get corrected in time.

The zone is on the LTL side of any container.

By my typing RTL instead of correctly LTL, I have led you astray.

Some people brought this to my attention. So thanks to them and thanks to you.

Because romanUS brought up move 1 and move 2 as a question, I followed through with two day's worth of charts to further make the points surrounding the VE's.

Because of my typo and my not correcting it, I have caused you and others a problem. In the future I shall just do work on Word and editit and then post it as anattachment. It will be a little hazrdous because I dictate in Dragon and it become a modern Word that ET canot as yet handle since up to date word is not useable on ET.

By the numbers.

1. There is one pattern.

2. pattern is affected by four things:

2a. FTT's

2b. VE's of LTL's

2c. Fanning RTL's

2d. Internal formations.

You chart shows you work on a level of understanding that utilizes the single pattern of P and V.

You have a good focus on VE's and I mistyprd RTL for the correct side, LTL. You followed my typing to try to see a non relationship of old RTL's with new RTL's. Good work in process my mistake.

I could say to you: "replace one letter and repeat your thought process. what is better is that I try again to deal with bar 16, the VE and the zone created.

for people using or coding this to automated it, it is impotant to deal with the zone and its boundaries. The zone includes its boundaries as a granularity issue.

The zone has a left and right boundary. I say left and right to keep the writing in a proper context. The "old" LTL is on the right of the new LTL VE of the container. Thus the container is made bigger and it has a zone added to the left side of the container. There is no consideration of the unchanged RTL, directly.

by coding or manually making part of your mind's inference what the zone is comes first. Do that.

In MADA, this completes the M.

The finite set of M now includes the VE and zone cases.

We then process the A following M to get the Analysis set up. This is deductive and NOT inductive. In the finite set of A there is a one to one correspoindence relative to the M finite set. This is the "certainty" of trading this paradigm. No inductive paradigms can have certainty by virtue of "logic", a science.

A person cannot use the paradigm unless his mind is organized to make use of finite math and finite sets. The finite subsets for VE's and move1 and move 2 it limited in each of M and A and the is absolutely a 100% one to one correspondence.

"If the close of the VE bar or the last VE bar is in the zone, then thre will be a Move 1 against the trend followed by a Move 2 with the trend. Against means nondominantt and with means dominant.

In the combination that is required to attain "perception" there are two ingredients. I suggest people working together add a third ingredient with a caveat. The caveat is to state context first. The third ingredient is speaking aloud and hearing what is said.

This means three ingredients are present to sum to the total called "perception".

sense 1 is visual. Sense 2 is audio. the thrid ingredient from long term memory is "inference". "inference" is 90% of "perception".

My posts mean absolutely nothing to most people. These people have 0 inference. Having no inference means that they always state what I say is meaningless as perception. They are absolutely correct because of where they are in life by their decisions.
    On the other hand, if a person has some long term memory about the zone, the logic of VE's and Move 1 and Move 2, they then can "read" the market's future actions in P and V.

The general name is "Getting Tomorrow's Paper Today".

Traderzone's "perceives" me as a cross eyed drunk and then assigns this description to my first disciple.

He "see's" me and can type and illustrate me from his 90% inference and 10% reading what I type of just my handle "jack hershey". If he were perceiving "trees", my name would stir from his long term memory an inference of a kind of tree that he has a name for.

I person who has no VE inference in his long term memory cannot name or see a VE. Neither can he use a logic statement to process the inference of the close in the defined infererreed definition of "zone". As Covel has said of my gift of the pattern to him: "it is gibberish". Covel has no trendfollowing inference content in his mind to know what the gift of the pattern is. When I ask Pring is trend overlap has any bearing on his analysis, he says: "I don't understand the question" in front of 300 people. They may know he has no inference in long term memory regarding trend overlap.

By simplist polling, ET found out that 4 out of 5 people reject what I write. This is a measure of differentiation (built inference) in the minds of the non stratified response of the sample of volumteers.

What is it like to trade price, volume action with certainty from the one to one corrspondence of finite sets? It is profitable. The perception of the measure of profitability comes down to a comparison of the person's inference and what the person senses from us, the paradigm traders. Thunderdog articulated his sun of sensing and his inference that produced his comment: "unbelievable and astonishing". His decisions have left him with something no akin to a belief. The consequence he got from the decisions he made were to always have the inference he has and the inability to acquire long term menory about VE's, move 1's and move 2's.

A person who has such does three trades, all profitable when the long term memory applies.

I advocate for people to have long term memory that applies all the time to each moment of the market and always with 100% certainty all based on deductive logic. This viewpoint is rejected by 4 out of 5 persons in simplistic non stratified poll taking. My inference is that this is a joke that describes how the financial industry doesn't work.

For me to make 20 calls in advance in the order in which they occurred and to call within 5 to 7 minutes the end of a channel, is simply an example of what it is like to have a long term memory that allows me to examine the market as I anticipate it will unfold. I suspect other people have developed similar long term memory for all the various successful methods of trading that exist. Their and my critics, often make judgments on us based on their mental inference coming out of their minds as they sense us doing what we do. Their critcisms are received. Most are as humorous as hell or all get out. Some of these people go through stages of becoming OCD's. Their condition is very poignant for those who observe them.

#49     Nov 24, 2009
  10. NYCMB

NYCMB

Another illustration of Hershey Hinge. Credit to: Moderator, nkhoi 03-20-09 11:49 PM

• hh.jpg
      File size:
      30.2 KB
      Views:
    #50     Nov 24, 2009