Amazing

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by stock777, Nov 17, 2009.

1. Different people have different views on the markets.

I am just a retail trader who is taking the market's offer.

I, crudely, keep track of things. My computer slows down after a few days of comprehensive annotation so I keep track of limmiting cases on an excel. I remove gaps this way.

Basically, I have been running the short channel since 26 OCT 09. The way I work on fractals is very interconnected.

You can see that on my list of calls for today that I made yesterday.

i do have a clean degapped set of bars from the 26th that was sent to me. So far I have not done a precision look see at it to take care of business.

We have been working our way "out" of a Bull retrace in a bear Economic economy. There are fractal levels between channels and the Bull retrace level.

I do keep three ring binders on all levels and they are glued together kinds of chains of charts.

So, for what I surround my trading fractal with, I am pretty well organized. I do feel knowing what a channel is doing is important. Traverses tell me this. I keep traverses in hand by using tapes. The tapes require the BBT's. For this I use both the YM 2 minute and the ES five minute and the S/S the OTR and the DOM. And I use the Cash Cow as well there are 31 different signal lites on it on the basic level and there are three more prcise shells I use mentally.

this is not to sound defensive it is just a comment on how and where I operate. As you see it is regarded as hand written crap.

Filling in a synposis of the next day's trading is common for me. The little block in the lower left hand corner is devoted to the channel. I have it labelled short for today and long for thursday. I estimated the switch would occur in about 20 minutes.

Calling channel changes within a few minutes over 24 hours ahead is not common among traders. Other may be in long channels already as you suggest.

Mostly we are testing R these days. News is unusal as well because of the integrity of the power structure. Some one said it is not a good time for a noobie to begin to learn. It seems to be the best time simply because anytime is the best time.

I am observing the BBT 3 go to FTT of a short tape 3 and a short traverse 3; this condition puts me in a short channel at the end of the channel. The whole picture is kinda crummy.

#11     Nov 18, 2009
  2. TYVM for replying and helping me understand better.

#12     Nov 18, 2009
  3. VE on bar 43 and now move 1 up (44 and 45) and then move 2 down (45 on ward)to FTT.

1:15 is bar 45 (new time labels).

I often use the bar after a VE as the FTT if the VE is "handled". "Handled" means no M1 and M2 required. The close of the VE bar was on the old LTL so I have to sit out a little price movement to pick off the FTT.

Note I "accelerate" the BBT after the VE. It makes the FTT more clearly within a container, too.

edit: Watch the signals peel off the Cash Cow. On advanced shells, the six patterns of two lines (on each indicator) come into play as leading indicators. The B2 has lead into an A1 for each. Then the value based signals pop up on the lites.

#13     Nov 18, 2009
  4. Corelio

Corelio

rotflmao...only on elitetrader

#14     Nov 18, 2009
  5. Hi Jack,

the reversal to long at the end of bar 1 - the signal to go long - can it be seen using ES and YM only, or finer tools (S/S, DOM, OTR) were required?

Thank you.

#15     Nov 18, 2009
  6. How can one know if VE is "handled" and no M1 and M2 required? Could you provide some examples, such as bar number and date, so one can compare and contrast with other VE contexts to learn to differentiate?

Thank you.

#16     Nov 18, 2009
  7. on bar 48 you got to see each and every internal sequence hapen in the order of events.

so it was a pleasant turn with a VE, M1, M2, and FTT form throughyt the internal sequence unfolding as the FTT was put in.

bar 49 took to translation very soon in its formation.

This was fun to do.

I feel do the calls for the next day as part of debriefing is instructive. As a one pager it does not have the details of the actual logging that takes up about 10 to 12 pages.

Take the ride this pm it will be fun.

#17     Nov 18, 2009

8. i also take some VEs at bar 43 and then move up and down to FTT.

http://www.bar43.com/home.html

#18     Nov 18, 2009
  9. Also, could you elaborate on what M1 and M2 mean?

#19     Nov 18, 2009
  10. I wrote pt2 as the first event on my call sheet.

Then as day opened I gapped stuff.

I did do a "steer and focus" like on the 9 table Sweeps Chart. This takes you down to a fine level. And there is the new day beginning. A while back I posted a print of the partial fills on the open. At that day and time it was about 31 seconds into the bar 1.

this means, for trading, and trading to take the offer, a person is carving the turn (or entry).

since I do not do exits and entries, I am accustomed to watching the market where the "action" is happening.

as was just said "only on ET". this person means to say that he is not sensitive to market action and action on the turns. A lot of the offer is not available to most people like this person. his choice that is for sure.

By choice is to center on each thermal when I am gliding. I do not need to look at my rate meter cycle up and down in a range. It want it tight on the optimum rate of climb because I am cenetered on the thermal.

I person has a mind. He knows how to learn. the product of learning is a differentiated mind. this differentiated mind acts as a continuing and accurate resource of what is needed to have perception.

Perceptioin is 10% visual and 90% inference.

A person with little or no inference available gets to have his mind tell him to type "only in ET".

we just took the swing through a short FTT on an accelerated container where every internal happened in its order of events ending with a long outside bar.

I wrote it down from my mind so to speak.

CP4 is on my mind now.

To do the turns a person drills down using the inference available to him in his mind. you get to know where to look to see what is to be seen as the time passes and the turn is made.

You get to do the number of these turns in a day that you COULD write on a page the night before.

The definition of a full time trader is a trader who has not learn to take the market's offer during the time he is watching the market. Most people's displays never allow them to ever see the market under any circumstances.

#20     Nov 18, 2009