Amazing system but what to do?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Joab, Nov 9, 2006.

1. If you have so much confidence in your system then why not 10-fold or 100-fold your stakes. Increase the stakes until it is not boring anymore :)

Ursa..

#11     Nov 9, 2006
  2. neophyte321

neophyte321 Guest

"constant monitoring"? ... most anything can be automated.

#12     Nov 9, 2006
  3. Joab

Joab

Great advise, I've looked at collective 2 in the past but couldn't be bothered but I will look again.

Thanks

#13     Nov 9, 2006
  4. Joab

Joab

Wrong, the method is not a market trick but takes into concideration ENVIROMENT and therefore has longevity.

#14     Nov 9, 2006
  5. Joab

Joab

Your probably right but I'm a dunce in that area.

#15     Nov 9, 2006
  6. Joab

Joab

Performance stats are few because I've only recently tested it live and backtested it manually.

So far it has a 85% success rate and averages .50 a win DIA and .25 loss.

These # only reflect the last year but I'm very confident in this, I've been in the business for many years and the method is sound.

I trade intraday with a more aggressive style so I keep myself busy.

This was just a passing ideal this morning and I wanted to see the reaction on ET
    :)

#16     Nov 9, 2006

7. Sorry to burst your bubble, but there is no system that trades as often as twice a week that has a win rate of 85% and a win/loss ratio of 2:1.

Such systems only exist in the past as coincidences.

They cannot work in the future because there is not that much order in the markets.

The markets are much closer to random than you think.

#17     Nov 9, 2006
  8. lindq

lindq

You've not traded this great system in real time until only recently (in a roaring bull market), and you've only backtested for a year with two trades a week?

I hate to break this news to you, but in the past year you could have bought the DIA on just about any particular day, exercised a minimum of skill in money management, and done well.

Sorry, but I need to LOL. With system parameters like that, you'll be posting on C2 until 2024 before you build a reliable track record.

#18     Nov 9, 2006
  9. Thanks for pointing this little factoid out.

If the OP had taken a pass at this thread:

The Best TA Book Ever Published!!! he might have had some insight into that as well.

While the title of the thread is presumptious, the book does go into detail on how to sufficiently test system(s) to determine their accuracy.

Speaking of presumptious, this thread is talking about a system which trades on the weeklies and is amazing.

The title of the thread should be re-written to say:

"System that has trade well in this amazing bull market. Any takers?"

Regards,

JJ

#19     Nov 9, 2006
  10. lindq

lindq

If one had simply bought 2K shares of DIA on Monday of each week during the 12 months, and held the shares until Friday, this 'system' would have produced 72% winners and net gains of over $950. per trade.

Sound good? Of course not. The system is completely market dependent.

#20     Nov 9, 2006