Amazing Short Straddle Opportunity right now

Discussion in 'Options' started by BBSLamer, Jul 28, 2020.

1. BBSLamer

BBSLamer

For those with fire power, great short straddle opportunity right now on KODK.

KODK 8/21
    You can short the 7.50 Call for 3.80, short the 7.50 put for 1.95
    You are profitable if KODK closes anywhere from 1.75-13.25 in Aug.

I have no position, just wanted to bring this great trade to the attention of anyone interested.

TheGoonior2 and vanzandt like this.
  2. S2007S

S2007S

I wish I knew how to trade options like that. I only know about simple puts and calls. Because that trade sounds like an absolute winner.

3. jys78 and vanzandt like this.
  4. vanzandt

vanzandt

?
    It's not that hard of a concept. What don't you understand?

5. vanzandt

vanzandt

Two thumbs up on that one. 43M shares outstanding, but only 8M in the float.

This thing could possibly do the short squeeze from hell. I'm talking $25 plus....
    Too funny.

ET Traders... Buy a few hundred shares when it goes below $8

6. BBSLamer

BBSLamer

My first instinct was that it's a short squeeze too. But then I checked, it looks like only 1.7m short vs 22m float, which is under 10% (according to yahoo, if you can trust their numbers). After today's squeeze, not sure there are many shorts left. Which is why I didn't add the wings onto my proposed trade.

vanzandt likes this.
  7. vanzandt

vanzandt

Yeah but that short data is almost 15 days old, based on the stock when it was languishing in the terrible $2's. But oh yeah... those cats got burned in a big way. There's some sick puppies out ther right now as we type. I mean career ending sick.

But with all that said... a whole new party just started. I'm gonna love watching this one. More to follow, gotta check the option volume. :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

8. S2007S

S2007S

Is shorting the call, meaning buy a "sell" call??

9. BBSLamer

BBSLamer

Yes, should be interesting to watch for sure. Fidelity doesn't offer short data for some reason, and Yahoo only updates every 2 weeks as you stated. Where do you find accurate (preferably up to date) short data? I remember once getting the data straight from FINRA (short volume), but even those numbers are incomplete at best, as I recall. I'm pretty sure the 14 day lag is due to the regulatory issues (data need not be reported right away). All that said, do you have a source for more current short data?

10. cvds16

cvds16

buy yourself a few good options books ... you are a danger to yourself ...

#10     Jul 28, 2020
    misterkel, jys78 and Talltim90 like this.