Amazing, Sensex from 1000 to 15,000!!!

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by S2007S, Jul 8, 2007.

1. wesbrown

wesbrown

But being an Indian born and brought up in America, I am very proud of what the country has done for itself.. I sometimes wish I had stayed there!

#11     Jul 9, 2007
  2. wesbrown

wesbrown

for those of you that don't know, the corruption levels have gone down significantly in india..

#12     Jul 9, 2007
  3. varuns

varuns

Ofcourse the Indian national anthem is not in Hindi. What kind of rediculous statement is that. .

#13     Jul 9, 2007
  4. The real reason for India's strength is all the Non Resident Indians who are out of India.

Indians living in North America send back Billions of dollars in USD dollars each year back to the motherland. And all the major R&D centers are in Southern India.

The best thing about India is a man can be muslim, sikh, hindu - but we still refer to each others as brothers.

Sikh Investor
    [Proud Indian, Proud Punjabi, Proud Sikh]

#14     Jul 9, 2007
  5. China's industrial development in the last 10-15 years is partly due to massive investment by overseas Chinese from Taiwan,Hong Kong,Singapore,Malaysia,Indoneisia etc
    The Overseas chinese were the pioneers in shifting production to China. Then the west/rest followed.
    Similar cluster low cost manufactuting strengths are difficult to replicate in India in most segments.
    Surprisingly India has developed a lot in Automobiles recently.
    Suzuki ,Hyundai export more than 100k vehicles minimum in the small car segment out of Indian plants to Europe/rest of Asia.
    For example "Tall boy" Hyundai Santro (1.1 litre Hatch back basic version) sells locally at Rs 3.2 lakhs (US$ 8000) with 35% tax included. When you export ,all taxes are eliminated.
    I think they are selling this easily at around 8-9000 euros & 11-12k $ in USA & elsewhere.
    Similarly India has become one of the major player in cheap Pharma Generics.(copy cat) . Local companies like Ranbaxy, Dr.Reddy,Cipla,Lupin,Alkem etc have become world class players.

Another surprising fact- inspite Sensex going from 3000-15000 in the last 4-5 years,average Indian does not invest in Stock market
    unlike 401k equity culture in USA.
    BPO offshoring in all fields has brought jobs to masses.(say minimum $400-500)
    Local Maufacturing/real estate/service Companies have raised billions of $ cheap from the stock market (which was not the case earlier as Bank loans were very restrictive) & have expanded a lot.
    Corruption- may be another long story next time.

#15     Jul 10, 2007
  6. varuns

varuns

Very true and very well said..

#16     Jul 10, 2007