Amazing Quote from the Wife of Wall Street Exec

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by seasideheights, Jan 19, 2009.

1. Why men feel the need to marry such women is beyond me. Doing household chores and driving the kids to soccer practise is not a job. In no way does it compare to the responsibilities and burdens of her husband's career.

#31     Jan 19, 2009
  2. zdreg

zdreg

by your smiley you have an investment in the call girl industry.:D

#32     Jan 19, 2009
  3. Kittykat

Kittykat

4. Bravo to the person who equated money with a "security blanket."

Few of us know how much money it would take before we're truly free, and no longer constrained or even consumer by thought of needing to make more, prior to pursuing the things in life we're passionate about, and fulfill us, rather than are aimed at getting us to that financial end point.

In our generation, the proverbial dream has been to make a ton early, so we can enjoy our passions while we still have youth and vigor left - I call this the Google ESOP goal; all those Google employees that had stock options on tens of thousands of shares granted when the stock was much, much cheaper.

I like to distinguish between two camps of people - those who want more money because they refuse to live within their means and feel that displaying wealth is necessary for some reason of psychological deficiency, and those who are simly striving for 'that' number that equates with a "security blanket," whereby they will feel free and liberated to do what they want to do, and never really need to worry about making more money as a necessity of living comfortably anymore.

#34     Jan 19, 2009
  5. I only wish....maybe I could recruit you as an "interviewer"...I simply would not have the patience....:D

#35     Jan 19, 2009
  6. jsv416

jsv416

Interesting vid,

When are people gonna realize that defining themselves by material things and having their self worth wrapped up in the amount of money they have, what they do for a living, the car they drive etc. is ultimately a lesson in futility? Maybe it is a hard lesson for some people to learn, but people have got to start waking up and realizing what is important in life! Mass media is very good at making sheeple think that they have to buy stuff to define themselves, and that you can redefine yourself if you only go out and buy more "stuff" that fits a certain image. What a sad state of affairs, in a way I think this economic downturn is a very good thing for people. Make them question themselves and their lives instead of running on autopilot......

#36     Jan 19, 2009
  7. Sushi

Sushi

As the African bushman says to you

Just in Case someone misses the analogy. Most of you are bushman compared to the real money people. The people who buy the things in trader mag to reference another thread. You simply can't relate

#37     Jan 19, 2009
  8. Geez, what ever happened to ...........

I, (name), take you (name), to be my (wife/husband), to have and to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse, for RICHER, for POORER, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish; from this day forward until death do us part.

Well let ME just say this. I bet he can still get a younger hotter woman with a much better attitude with his $150k salary.

As for her chances of trading up. Probably not that good seeing as how she's probably late 30's, has a litter of children and a sickening sense of entitlement.

Reminds me of some old Don Henley lyrics ........

When "happily ever after" fails
    And we've been poisoned by these fairy tales
    The lawyers dwell on small details
    Since daddy had to fly

Fly Daddy Fly :D

#38     Jan 19, 2009
  9. She will stick around and make his life a living hell she knows the game is up when she looks in the mirror.

#39     Jan 19, 2009
  10. You're projecting. Since you obviously wallow in the upper end of the income spectrum and therefore must have a thorough education, you are familiar with term Freudian Projection, no?

#40     Jan 19, 2009