Amazing Quote from the Wife of Wall Street Exec

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by seasideheights, Jan 19, 2009.

1. Agreed - that is, if you want to be happy, still married and have both halves of your estate :)

#21     Jan 19, 2009
  2. I agree completely with the statement that it is how parents handle financial loss that determines to a large extent how it affects the children.
    My parents handled it somewhat poorly back in 1989 and as a result, I am near obsessed with money and (the absense of) debt. I do have a very distinct sense of the difference between wants and needs though. $300 boots?...not a toughie

#22     Jan 19, 2009
  3. bidask

bidask

well it may be that the husband was a total asshole to this wife when he was making $800k per year, but it's comments like this that really show how people change when the situation changes.

#23     Jan 19, 2009
  4. His $800k/yr income (and the lifestyle it afforded them) put them in the top 0.5 - 0.1% of U.S. incomes. Even at $150k/yr, they're still in the top 5%.

Head-of-household duties might be considered more of a pass-fail thing, since it's something that we assume the average able-bodied person should be capable of. So, assuming she passes, she's in the top 50% bracket of her realm.

So, who's gotten the better end of the deal and continues to even after the pay cut?

#24     Jan 19, 2009
  5. Of course it's her. She can be replaced with 5 cheaper, hornier 20 year olds. But good luck replacing that 800,000k income.

#25     Jan 19, 2009
  6. Correction, 17 year olds much better :D

Chatted up one today, date later this week, they are much nicer simpler, and have few hassles and hang ups, bet you though if the Dad finds out l will be hung :)

http://www.ageofconsent.com/ageofconsent.htm

#26     Jan 19, 2009
  7. The call girl industry is going to get very competitive:mad:

#27     Jan 19, 2009
  8. This poor slob will probably end up paying child support and alimony based on his $800K income, too. Marriage is a beautiful thing. I'm glad I learned at an early age. Unless she has her own wealth, do not get married. Why enter into a legally binding agreement designed by the devil himself?

#28     Jan 19, 2009
  9. Gosh, I feel so bad for these people. Having to use the most modest county club...??? OMG! Horrible! Just insane cruelty!

This downturn is brutal...

#29     Jan 19, 2009
  10. The country club will disappear in the next 12 months or time of renewal.

The way I read the article I feel that, unless things turn around in the near future, she is going to do a "number" on him.

Bloody women.

Read his blog...not promising...another also ran.

#30     Jan 19, 2009