Amazing Quote from the Wife of Wall Street Exec

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by seasideheights, Jan 19, 2009.

1. Perhaps.

Maybe those who had money and lost haven't come to terms with the fact that "money" ain't all that. It is the power they miss, that comes with money.

#11     Jan 19, 2009
  2. Boo hoo hoo!

Step outside your bubble and take a look at the real world sometime. Things can be much much worse. There are some places on this planet that fully fit the definition of Hell on Earth.

Most of these people live in an illussion, cause they can't handle reality. So what are they gonna do when they have to face reality? Crumble & break down, because deep inside they are weak and have zero survival mechanisms & experience.

By the way, if you were making 800k a year and could not have set-up a real safety for when you were going to lose your job, you deserve the financial problems. That's just stupid & wasteful.

#12     Jan 19, 2009
  3. #13     Jan 19, 2009
  4. 4XQs

4XQs

Totally agree with Anaconda, well summed up. Seems like some need to grow a perspective.

#14     Jan 19, 2009
  5. dont

dont

Exactly, I left that whacked out world five years ago, none of my ex-colleagues believed that I had saved enough to just say fuck it. I don't need this shit any more.

Its really funny to see them caught like deer in the headlights

#15     Jan 19, 2009
  6. Kittykat

Kittykat

What a great attitude. The wife I'd tie a concrete block around and drop her in the drink.

#16     Jan 19, 2009
  7. tango29

tango29

Holy Crap! Did I marry someone great. My wife took in stride when I blew up my account, and our savings in the process. The words from her mouth were, "I guess we'll just cut back and deal with it". No breakdown, other than my own. I picked up a job making less, and lived to trade another day and my wife is still here.
    As far as kids dealing with it, I would say it comes down to how the parents handle it and how big a deal they make out of it. Kids adapt pretty well over the long haul, but if you treated them like royalty then they'll probably be the spoiled bitches you developed and you get to deal with on top of any other problems. ie, reap what we sow

#17     Jan 19, 2009
  8. ipatent

ipatent

Pick your mate carefully, and go for character and toughness over beauty.

#18     Jan 19, 2009
  9. Thank you for that little nugget of genius, Daryl Hannah.

#19     Jan 19, 2009
  10. #20     Jan 19, 2009