amazed no one is talking about this Sunday's YM move to CME Globex from eCbot?

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by increasenow, Jan 8, 2008.

1. anymore updates on this?

#11     Jan 10, 2008
  2. I highly doubt they'll do this. For traders that trade both YM & ES, now they have an excuse to get double the money.

#12     Jan 10, 2008
  3. bh_prop

bh_prop

I was told that to receive real time YM quotes one would still have to pay the $55/mo CBOT fee even though the contract will trade on globex.

#13     Jan 10, 2008
  4. mapfler

mapfler

In the future we will have to pay a 55 USD for real time data? or not?

Can help me.

Thank you.

#14     Jan 10, 2008
  5. volente_00

volente_00

That sucks, how you gonna hedge now if globex goes down ?

#15     Jan 10, 2008
  6. Good point.

#16     Jan 10, 2008
  7. we are hours away from the change...as of thursday trading...here is the YM volume for the last 2 days...only INCREASING...WED 243,424 THURS 260,540 UP by 17,116 or 7%
    will this keep up come monday on Globex...very serious!

#17     Jan 10, 2008
  8. That's what those antiquated floor traders are for...

#18     Jan 10, 2008
  9. limit

limit

Why is this serious AND who cares. Do you really think it will stop trading? lol

#19     Jan 10, 2008
  10. LeChef

LeChef

When I looked at my quote screen this morning I was surprised to see "NO DATA" for YC, YG, YK, etc... On a hunch I checked the eSignal web site and found this message:

----------
    Reminder! If you wish to continue following the symbols below you will need to add the full CBOT exchange to your account.

Thank you,
    Ray P.
    eSignal Support
    ----------

Has the English language changed? Don't I need to be "MINDED" about something before I can be "REMINDED"? I see no effort was made to notify me of this change of service.

I was paying eSignal over $170 a month for the cme and nmyex e-minis. To add YG back I need to throw in the entire CBOT basket -- okay, it will be nice to see the bonds and the ags. The cost for this exceeds my original eSignal subscription fee. Its not just $60 to add the CBOT data, but there's also an eSignal $25 month fee to subscribe to any futures package (other than e-minis).

I am curious, did DTN.IQFeed give more consideration to their customers?

Sorry this isn't more about the YM move, but somewhere between the CMEGROUP and eSignal they really left a lot of their little retail customers in the dark, so to speak.

#20     Jan 18, 2008