AMAT Upgrade: et al NVLS etc....

Discussion in 'Trading' started by TheCaracal, Jan 29, 2003.

1. This is the reason the US Equity Markets are STILL in deep s**t.

Sad to say until the infatuation with 83x EPS stocks is STILL in vogue, bodes poorly for the state of our equity markets.

This is truly disturbing...that stocks like this are STILL in demand.

(I know BETA..schemta)..Until these stocks are no longer valued at all, I stand by my prediction of SP 660, then 480! (All in FUN ET sharks!!)...But still....

Any comments appreciated.

Thanks...David

Good Trading to all............Good Night!

2. nitro

nitro

David,

I cannot comment much on AMAT, although it is one of the stocks that I keep up on my montage when trading spoo. Recently, it seems to have support at 13 ish and res at 14 ish...

As far as SP 660, I have no problem with that (640 is my guess at FV.) 480!!!, well, I doubt it...

nitro

3. 480 was where the bubble started in late 1994; just trying to draw a parallel; nothing more..though I do think we see it b4 it's all over. Look, no one expected @ NIKKEI 8K when it was 40K!

Just an observation.............???

Let's discuss?

4. I don't think it was really a bubble until 1996. I don't think we will see 1994 levels in the major indexes unless something truly horrible happens like another major terrorist attack.

5. 95 was more the start of the last bull surge (to '00)... (rather than 94)...

so using the spoos 'normal' growth of about 5.75% pa ('60-'95), puts them at about 600 by my calc...

and if its 'correction' overshoots a little, 480 would be a distinct possibility...

not pretty...

then again, there's also the possibility that there may have been some validity to all that 'new economy' stuff talked about a few years ago...so perhaps a little higher growth rate might be justified (meaning perhaps the selloff needn't go as low as the above)....

6. You can't forget interest rates are much lower now, so higher eps's are reasonable.

7. ron2368

ron2368

Especially in technology its hard to just look at earnings or eps, I see many reports with 30% plus declines in revenue , but they match projected earnings.