Am i thinking about this right?

Discussion in 'Options' started by spinn, Oct 22, 2009.

1. spinn

spinn

thanks but my method is very accurate and I get out very quickly ...less than a $1 stop if wrong, so options dont scare me

I actually exited as we are sitting on support and the fact that I gave back most of my paper profits yesterday spooked me and i wanted to book the $1.50 or so profit.....shorting this marke is not fun.......it seem,s like every bounce is capable of running up $3.

#11     Oct 23, 2009
  2. I hesitate to respond after my previous misreading of your post.

Options don't scare you?

They should.

A $1 stop is meaningless in the face of a gap opening. Or did I miss the part where you exit the trade every afternoon?

Mark

#12     Oct 23, 2009
  3. How did you have a 1.50 or so profit on that trade the low of the day on that contract would not give you 1.50 profit even if you could have covered on the low?

#13     Oct 23, 2009
  4. spinn

spinn

I sold the call very near the high on Wewdnesday.....my profit was not all gained today....

And mark, no worries your advice is appreciated, but that is why I trade the SPY for now........I have never seen it gap up more than about $1....i find a $2 or $3 gap up in this environment unlikely and am to be honest, willing to risk it on the SPY.....no chance in hell I would risk it with google though.

And now we are breaking bebeath the low...oh well, thats trading

#14     Oct 23, 2009
  5. You told us yesterday where you shorted the call, thats why I quesioned you since there was not 1.50 in profit to be had in the market.

#15     Oct 23, 2009