Am I the only one that sees a correction?

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by MONACO11, Jun 17, 2005.

1. Your AVERAGE gain is 4.1% with an average hold time of 40 mins???

On stocks???

Ummm.....

#21     Jun 18, 2005
  2. jsmith

jsmith

I was wondering about that also.
    I don't know any stocks that move 4% a day on a regular basis in 40 mins.

#22     Jun 18, 2005
  3. Impossible. Can't be done on stocks as an average. Makes me wonder what this guys pitching.

Says he's a scalper and been trading 7 years. Average 4% gain per trade. LOL!

(Do I see a web site coming??)

#23     Jun 19, 2005
  4. whatever. are you still trying to figure if the returns you hear about on ET are real or not ?

#24     Jun 19, 2005
  5. Now that oil went up and stocks held during the last 2 weeks, all we need is a pullback in oil to propel stocks to new millenium highs

OR

the market is teetering on catastrophe due the rise in oil and has only held until options expire, it will hit the fan soon.

#25     Jun 19, 2005
  6. d9d

d9d

geez....this has actually been a good thread so far! :p :p

serene....thoughtful...informed....color me amazed... :D

yah, I too wondered about that 4% in 40mins AVERAGE....

perhaps if done with options....but on an -avg- basis.... ??? Man, you'd have to be a clarivoyant picker AND timer.... :p

I see down coming....but altho I try to ignore them in trading, I have to admit I'm swayed by the funnymentals in a broader psychological sense.

the last post, that falling oil will launch the mkts, makes sense; as does the 2nd part of it, where continued high oil finally cracks the 'rally' of past few weeks.

I think oil stays up and stocks start falling....the volume patterns suggest this wasn't a very strong upswing; and from what I hear, the institutions were not buying into da boyz jamma-jammas....

Each day I would watch the massive tick-jams blast it upwards...and then the -second- the jamma ended, my entire quote-grid would turn red...and the selling continued until the next tick-jamma.

To me, it contrasts with the 'usual' tick-jam induced 'rally' of the past; where mo-mo players would continue a swing upwards on their own, even after the jamma went away.

Probably not a very "scientific" analysis; but it's the type of pattern-change I've seen and used successfully in the past, in regards to turns...

Someone mentioned in another thread the upcoming mid-year, end-of-quarter, etc.. That's always worth keeping in mind. Da boyz LOVE to paint the tape for EOQ.... :p

#26     Jun 19, 2005
  7. K.C.

K.C.

Markets are in clear downtrend already since March but you better be careful about shorting, PPT is hard at work.

#27     Jun 19, 2005
  8. SteveD

SteveD

For oil to be TOO HIGH is to assume that oil was priced correctly when the move started. What if oil was priced TOO LOW to begin with?

It appears to have had very little effect on the economy so far.

SteveD

#28     Jun 19, 2005
  9. oil only matters if price of it is going down!

otherwise $100 oil is "priced in"

#29     Jun 19, 2005
  10. d9d

d9d

I will have to respectfully disagree with both those notions.

A structure of the enormous mass of the US/world economy has tremendous inertia. When a force is applied, it takes considerable time for a change in motion or direction to become apparent to the eye. Nevertheless, from the moment that force is first applied, the vector of motion IS in fact changing.

The high cost of energy has been taking its toll all along; and along with other deteriorations in socioeconomics, IS visible, and becoming more so daily.

Look at the leading indicators trending downwards for many months. Look at the ECRI. Look at the Baltic Dry Index. Look at flat to declining retail-sales. Look at flat revenue at semi corpse.

These all tell the tale....

In regards to $100 oil being 'priced in', well, rather than get into details, I'll just say I firmly disagree.

In an environment of -declining- real wages; $100 oil and the resultant $5 gas, is going to be ugly.

good luck this week gentleman....it will be interesting to see how the market moves from here. It certainly is coiled for -something-....

#30     Jun 19, 2005