am i the only one or are there others who find it easier to pick tops than bottoms

Discussion in 'Trading' started by padutrader, May 11, 2019.

1. padutrader

padutrader

momentum loss is easier to see for me on tops then bottoms

maybe because there is no loss of momentum at bottoms....bottoms are made in panic so maybe it is necessary to have much wider stops on bottoms then tops

SimpleMeLike likes this.
  2. Turveyd

Turveyd

I find it hard to daytrade short side, its identical dont get me wrong but still i ignore them and wait for a uptrend.

3. padutrader

padutrader

i do too but how do you know it has bottomed out?
    do you Wait for the first correction to get in?

4. Turveyd

Turveyd

I’ve got a method based on distance from a Ema, so if ema going up and above another ema and price stalls then i go long, if direction valid it’ll go up, if not valid it’ll hit my SL.

Tricky part is taking the setup and not worrying about the SL part.

Its all about the math!

expiated likes this.
  5. dozu888

dozu888

You have been getting lucky.

Handle123 and tommcginnis like this.
  6. It's often said, "Tops are a process. Bottoms are an event."

I believe it's because of players' long-side bias. They resist negatives and try to "hold in there" as tops develop because they don't want to let go of their longs and miss out on further rally, if any. At bottoms players are (always) chomping at the bit to buy... just give them any shred of an excuse. And often that excuse is not news-driven but rather "technical".... like a test of the 200 day MA.

Last edited: May 11, 2019
    Handle123, birdman and padutrader like this.
  7. Turveyd

Turveyd

The issue with that is luck isn't a real thing, don't label something you can't understand as luck or coincidence, try to understand and learn.

SunTrader and expiated like this.
  8. padutrader

padutrader

i like that...simple. it will work

9. dozu888

dozu888

Now your ego is hurt. Luck is a real thing. Like when you flip coin and get 10 heads in a row.

If you don’t even know luck is real how can you tell the difference from skill

10. padutrader

padutrader

like they say in golf..trust your swing

trust your set up....

#10     May 11, 2019