Am I responsible for faulty Trademaven?

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by jzlucas, Nov 12, 2005.

1. I believe I mentioned this earlier, I did email support.... Im still waiting. Curious as to what your handle stands for?? Ive been PM'd by a few others who've experienced the same situation with Trademaven... most interesting. Thanks to those who contacted me. I appreciate it. I understand that you have to stick up for your company, TM BS Watcher (what does the BS stand for again?). But where is the support?

#31     Nov 13, 2005

2. i have met with Mark from Velocity and i know about their company and they seem to be very good --- top platform with no bs. I think you will find that they are not in Chicago for a reason {not a bad idea --- LOL!} and the connectivity and speed from Houston to Chicago is exceptional with Velocity. I would definitely put them at the top of my list for a futures broker.

#32     Nov 13, 2005
  3. Banjo

Banjo

Trademaven Bull Shit Watcher, I love it. Great idea.

#33     Nov 13, 2005
  4. Truff

Truff

What you encountered was not a Trademaven problem. It was that your tech support at the clearing house is incompetant. If you would of just listened to the transact rep you would have had no problems. This whole thread has been aimed at trademaven where the real fault lies with your broker. If your broker had any idea how to handle matching up orders when using third party software then you would have been fine. Trademaven is one of the most reliable platforms out there especially through transact, but when a problem does arise its up the the broker or clearing agent to be competant enough to handle the problem which in this case they certainly weren't.

#34     Nov 13, 2005
  5. Actually our data center is located in Chicago, is just that the majority of our sales and support staff is located in Houston.

#35     Nov 13, 2005
  6. Traders connect directly to Chicago, not Houston. Just wanted to clarify that.

We finished the install of our Chicago data center about 6 months ago.

#36     Nov 13, 2005
  7. Yes, but at first I wasnt conferenced w/ the person at Transact at first. Not until I was put on hold for several minutes. I guess Ill email everyone again and see what happens.

#37     Nov 13, 2005

8. excellent --- sounds great!

#38     Nov 13, 2005
  9. I do use Trademaven through Transact. I have had a seperate issue for the last month where approximately 1 hr of data is missing in my charts. This is obviously a transact issue. I continually contacted them concerning this as well. I was told that there were issues with the live feed and to keep downloading the latest version of Trademaven and this would solve the issue. I still had that problem until Monday. It's been better since though.

#39     Nov 13, 2005
  10. Lost connection 3 times this morning... called continuously for 10 minutes... no answer. Keeps saying "press 1 for support, press 2 for sales", etc. I press 1, it rings and rings and rings. No answer. Then it goes back to the menu repeating options. Here's the number Im calling 1-818-536-5100... just in case someone care's to comment or claims Im dialing the wrong number! Still no response from support regarding previous issues.

#40     Nov 18, 2005