Am I reading these commissions right?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by nitro, Apr 20, 2004.

1. UMU

UMU

replace "prosa" by "prolly" :)

#21     Apr 20, 2004
  2. .001 for commissions?? what kind of leverage is it- typical retail 4:1?? also, with me trading around 200K/ day, would I qualify for the .001??

#22     Apr 20, 2004
  3. -Genesis's training program is unique, in that we prefer to train people with as little trading experience as possible. This ensures that the trader's prior trading experiences (“bad habits”) will not interfere with the Genesis trading strategy. Most of the traders, after attending an intense two-week long training program, are net positive within the month. - ( looks like their prop side prefers
    young blood fresh out of college ) :p

#23     Apr 20, 2004
  4. WinSum

WinSum

Confusing Site.

This page ( http://www.gndt.com/comm_why.aspx ) explains why they are so inexpensive. NASD has approved "Genesis Securities, LLC." for self-clearing. This appproval will allow us to pass additional savings to our clients.

This page ( http://www.gndt.com/supp_faq.aspx ) describes that they clear through Computer Clearing Services, Inc.

Are Genesis Securities, LLC and Computer Clearing Services, Inc. owned by the same people ?

:confused:

#24     Apr 20, 2004
  5. When I went to their login area, I noticed that it was a CCS site, and wondered the same thing.

Anyone?

#25     Apr 20, 2004
  6. Could be a very interesting situation.

#26     Apr 21, 2004
  7. Another question I have is, how are they making money? Their explanation doesn't fully add up. I mean, even with limited expenses, doesn't it cost more than .001 to clear the trades alone (nevermind the cost of maintaining the technology and other support).

#27     Apr 21, 2004
  8. Mecro

Mecro

I'm curious,

Those are some great rates. Damn I pay .005 and I'm starting to feel like I'm getting ripped off.

#28     Apr 21, 2004
  9. alanm

alanm

Can someone who is currently trading with them post the actual ECN fees/rebates and any other fees that are charged?

Gotta love being in the same building as INET - no other way to get those kind of turnaround times :)

It's probably Genesis who is doing some of the stupid order flooding I see on INET :(

#29     Apr 21, 2004
  10. these commissions rock the house!!

will genesis offer futures though? how about $0.5/contact for eminis, no volume requirements? LAN connection to globex and cbot?

come on genesis get to work on it!!!!! expecting to hear your offer soon.

#30     Apr 21, 2004