am i precise by calling it a patriotic rally?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by qdz2, Mar 17, 2003.

1. I think you may or may not be right to call it a patriotic rally, but you are definitely not PRECISE.

Technically, a rally is a price development phenomenon, which in and of itself cannot be patriotic.

#31     Mar 18, 2003
  2. qdz2

qdz2

Well, then I must be accurate. Thanks.

Whatever the way of expression I should use here, my point is that patriots made this rally possible.

:p

#32     Mar 18, 2003

3. Thanks for highlighting the reality.

The selling volume was soooo light last week, they (Big boys)were just looking for any reason to buy stocks. My opinion was that the whole thing was a technical bounce just like all the others (790 SPX support level).

Any extra fuel about "war relief" just added to an already very oversold market - throw in some big-time short covering and WHAMMO up she goes.

Most Big Money can only go Long (pensions funds, mutual funds, etc.) they have to buy/sell/churn/manage - and they have to buy eventually...

My call? She drops again just as hard after a day or two of chop.

Paul

#33     Mar 18, 2003
  4. Trajan

Trajan

They could have figured out a way to include Blair in the Attack of the Clones thing. He deserves it.

#34     Mar 18, 2003
  5. Trajan

Trajan

Was it patriotic? No, I think the world markets were way oversold. It was more of a technical bounce. Although, it could last longer because the backers, here and in Europe, are from more market oriented parties. We may see real reform in Europe which should provide a lift even to our own overvalued market.

#35     Mar 18, 2003
  6. bone

bone

Pricing out some of the risk premia in the market.

#36     Mar 18, 2003
  7. Ummm, all of the above (so whatever happens, I'll claim I was right :) )

#37     Mar 18, 2003
  8. qdz2

qdz2

patriotic rally brought you by true patriots, that is.

#38     Mar 18, 2003
  9. qdz2

qdz2

Patriotic analysts said losers in this rally must be ashamed and regretted for their unpatriotc decisions. Then this time I have to admit that they have to blame nobody especially not the patriots but themselves.

#39     Mar 21, 2003
  10. Was the preceding sell off a traitors decline?

#40     Mar 21, 2003