Am I Getting Ripped Off?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by jamesglsn, Jan 12, 2007.

1. He is an obvious shill, I'm waiting for the advertiser to show up.

That sounds like a Schonfeld deal, but sh*t, if you have been trading there for 6 years and were trading through 2000-2003, you would be a millionaire right now.

#11     Jan 13, 2007
  2. jamesglsn

jamesglsn

My post is not bullshit, but perhaps an exaggeration and definitely misleading. Out of 60 months, I've only had 7 or so 50k-100k months and to be honest, they came before my cocaine habit ate through every last penny. Right now (the last year), I'm good for 1-1.5 million shares/mo and taking home 5k-15k.

In November my new risk manager (and me of course) gave me enough rope to hang myself and had a 2 week string of negative 10ks, so I'm in a bit of a hole and my confidence is completely shot. I'm back to trading 500s and 1000s share lots and trying to squeeze out 1-2k a day.

I guess my original questions is answered --- yes, i am getting ass reamed with my comish. I've always let that go because of the times I'd show up fucked up, or not show up for 6 weeks at a time, they've hung with me.

But now that I'm clean, and could use those "pennies" I've been giving up, I want to have a fair deal

Bottom line, I'm good for 1million shares a month and a net of -10k to +30K. What is a fair deal (all this considered)?

Thanks you everyone for taking the time to respond to me.

#12     Jan 14, 2007
  3. Get help! Your habit speaks of some underlying issue there which will eventually come out in your trading if you get big enough to throw some size around. I feel for you. I'm also concerned about a shop that is obviously not watchful of the kinds of traders playing with their capital.

I wish you the best of luck.

#13     Jan 14, 2007
  4. Uhm, you are at an equity "prop" shop. Dude, I just find it hard to believe you are this naive. You are not an employee, you are a customer, you technically can do whatever you want. I've come in high into the office, another guy used to go smoke blunts during the lunch hour, people used to do coke with the compliance officer & group manager. I used to go to lunch with that same compliance officer and get drunk, and then come back. Go do a search on Walter Bruan, head of Worldco, the guy used to snort coke every hour on the hour. I used to take off 2 weeks off at a time almost every month, ain't sh*t they could say cause they were still making 1k-2k a month from me and I was very low risk.
    Loyalty, lol, your firm has been ripping you off badly, how's that for loyalty. Do a calculation for the last 2-3 years, you could have been trading at .002-.005 a share with 100% payout. I bet your firm made more on you than you made for yourself. And for those "down" months you have had, I bet they were probably a break-even or even profitable months for your firm.

I still find this story hard to believe, if you can make 1k-2k a day with that commission and 500-1000 share lots, you are like top 5% of the daytraders out there. There are guys who are making 1-2k a day now who would make nothing with your commission.

Sh*t man, just how much coke do you do?

#14     Jan 15, 2007
  5. just wait guys ,, did we clarify if this guy was paying .001 or .01 , i think he said .001 and 80 percent,, which isn't that bad to the point of being rich or poor,, could do better,, but of course .01 which i doubt is crazy.

#15     Jan 17, 2007
  6. Joab

Joab

Dude,

Thats sad and let me assure you that coke is no joke (as im sure you know).

I've seen more great minds and careers killed with that powder then leaves on tree's.

It's simple, JUST STOP NOW ..... WHILE YOU STILL HAVE A CHANCE.

#16     Jan 17, 2007
  7. to take 20%, the have to give him $0.001 c per share....otherwise.....

#17     Jan 17, 2007
  8. does anyone know any prop firm that charges .001/1000? I would be interested please PM me.

#18     Jan 17, 2007