Am i getting ripped off bad?

Discussion in 'Forex' started by peilthetraveler, Oct 5, 2008.

1. tom123

tom123

.anyone with 1600 posts on the ET is not a newbie
    I find cable traders posts among the most valuable.

#11     Oct 5, 2008
  2. rtp100

rtp100

CableMan I traded with a bucket shop called GCI trading, you can google them, I swear to God, they gave me an ulcer with their very cruel games

#12     Oct 5, 2008
  3. tom123

tom123

.... I have a small account with Oanda, and I have mixed feelings about them.
    Ive seen them ,many times, disconnect my platform,exactly at the precise moment of price breakout, too many times to be a coincidence.
    or my platform 'refreshes' ...exactly at that critical moment when price is about to breakout.
    do you ever see that happen Cabletrader?
    I dont think I'm imagining it.

Now, just these last few days Ive been practicing on the demo.....and making alot of winning trades.

doing exactly the same trading process, same trendline charting, same set ups, etc.... but somehow, the results on live trading arent happening the same. I'm still examining it, but its making me curious.

I sometimes wonder if their 'trading platform' is ....'rigged' in some way.programmed to 'see' everything I'm doing,see my stop settings, and stop me out,or disconnect my platform ,always at the critical moments.

but I never see these things happen in the demo mode.

#13     Oct 5, 2008
  4. I believe you, just like any other business there are literally hundreds of unscrupulous marketmakers, but not all MM's are the same.

Find one which suits your needs and is reasonably honest and you won't have any problems on that score, trading might present more of a problem though :)

#14     Oct 5, 2008
  5. rtp100

rtp100

keep in mind some people could be shills for Oanda and other, cabletrader could be a shill

#15     Oct 5, 2008
  6. tom123

tom123

I doubt that.I'm new to ET....9 months,maybe 10. you can get a sense of people when you come here and read alot of posts.

#16     Oct 5, 2008
  7. tom123

tom123

but I do think its a worthwile thread to discuss the 'games' and tricks that the brokers seem to play. are they playing games or not?
    Ive seen this platform glitch,the disconnect,or 'refresh' , many times, happen exactly at critical moments before a big price breakout.
    I think that is not a coincidence.

#17     Oct 5, 2008
  8. tom123

tom123

a while back, after reading the discussion debate over the ECN vs. the MM brokers, I decided to open a demo account with MB trader....and with a scalping style, making 20 trades in a few hours....racked up what would amount to 100 dollars or more in commission costs. wiped out any profit...etc.

#18     Oct 5, 2008
  9. rtp100

rtp100

when I was with GCI, first I couldn't believe, I thought it was coincidence, but after time I realized that I was just dumb if I continue with a broker that holds the keys of the matrix

#19     Oct 5, 2008
  10. lol, well now you've just made yourself look stupid, or are you just another forum troll?

Read my posts in this thread from about page 35 onwards, in particular the ones about June's NFP on page 24.

Oanda have been fine the past few weeks, no problems at all.

#20     Oct 5, 2008