Am I doing something wrong? Making money can't be this easy...

Discussion in 'Trading' started by tycoonman, Apr 4, 2011.

1. you may just be natural. I'd get a real account open asap, you're leaving big $ on the table

#11     Apr 4, 2011
  2. emg

emg

777, any news on HFT?

#12     Apr 4, 2011
  3. I'd like to know as well.

#13     Apr 4, 2011
  4. \
    the market maker is training you to lose money on real. be careful

#14     Apr 4, 2011
  5. ok thanks for the sarcasm

#15     Apr 4, 2011
  6. pspr

pspr

Don't change you method but demo, demo, demo until you can do it in your sleep before going live.

#16     Apr 4, 2011
  7. yah but apparently due to fills the bid are skewed when you go live.

is there anyway to replicate real-time trading in a demo account?

ill give ninjatrader a shot. are there any other efficient backtesting systems?

#17     Apr 4, 2011
  8. OEC's demo is very realistic.

With that said, any demo has limitations. OEC's is nice b/c it does not fill your limit orders if just touched, there is some delay mimicking the queue.

Someone on TL asked a similar question awhile back and I did a test on the Russell.

Click here to see it.

If you want to guarantee a fill on a limit order, place your entry/exit 1 tick above/below where you want to be filled in real-time.

Example: you want to buy the ES @ 1310.00 with a limit order. Place your buy on OEC @ 1309.75. If price touches 1309.75, your 1310 limit order is guaranteed to be filled.

This only applies to limit orders. If you enter via buy/sell stops then price just has to touch your level to trigger your order if using a standard buy/sell stop market order.

#18     Apr 4, 2011
  9. How long have you been demo trading? Likely you just hit a hot streak. The market has a way of making horrible traders feel very smart for a while.

#19     Apr 4, 2011
  10. lol been about two weeks. lost first couple days. Then started avging $100-200/contract since. my contracts last about hr-2hrs on avg.

don't be mad cause you suck dude.

#20     Apr 4, 2011