Am I delusional about the news?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by jackstone54, May 1, 2008.

1. Just last year the falling dollar was a boon for the DOW components because they are all mult-national companies. Now the rising dollar is giving strength to the components.

Is it just me or does the news make itself fit to whatever market condition exists. Does the news really effect the market or is it just traders dictating the direction and newscasters fitting the direction to a convenient explanation?

2. Yes, IT IS YOU!!!!

3. ashatet

ashatet

You are expecting the equity market to behave rationally. Bad Idea...

4. The US is so over dependent on asset price inflation it simply has no idea how to function without it. This of course is a dangerous situation that was brought on by wall street and the stupid federal reserve.

This whole system works great as long as stocks and real estate appreciates at 10 percent a year for ever. Do the compound math and see where that leads. Its just not going to happen no matter how hard the moron fed chairman thinks it can.

5. There is no general answer, but yes journalists fit the news to the markets.

The market contains everything you need to know. Learn to read the chart, and I would even say never read the news, as it may pollute your mind.

Pay attention to who pays you (Mr market), not to a journalist.

6. RhinoGG

RhinoGG Guest

berry good nalysis glasshopper.