am I a successful trader or a loser?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by BreakDown, Jul 9, 2007.

1. For some. Just not for me. On my death bed I would rather have been busted out of trading long ago as a forgotten dream than say "I eeked out a living". IMO, there are better ways to just make a living. On my death bed I want to be able to say " I beat the odds big time and it enabled me and my family to enjoy a higher standard of living than most".

Good trading to you.

#31     Jul 9, 2007
  2. Maybe you can call this former Timothy Sykes Fund investor, and give him some advice since Timothy is too busy to call him and explain where all his money went.

[​IMG]

#32     Jul 9, 2007
  3. I'm in Hungary.

Thanks

BreakDown

#33     Jul 10, 2007
  4. Yes, I think I have to agree with you. But I'm not sure, what would be the sufficient risk level.

Ok, I know It is my business.

BreakDown

#34     Jul 10, 2007
  5. Maybe you can call this former Timothy Sykes Fund investor, and give him some advice since Timothy is too busy to call him and explain where all his money went.

I see GOD in his eyes.

#35     Jul 10, 2007
  6. youz a loozer, not a successful trader

#36     Jul 10, 2007
  7. hey if you can consistently return 20%+ year after year, you're already exceeding the overwhelming majority of traders and professional mutual fund managers.

#37     Jul 10, 2007
  8. Probably a dumb question, but have you ever made the reflection that maybe posters might be from abroad the US (yes, there is still live abroad the US, even intelligent live)? Which means that their native language might not be English?
    So these people are classified as dumb and unable to trade successfully?

I speak, read and write 4 languages ( English, French, German and Dutch) but make small mistakes in each of these languages. Are you smarter if your English is better, but you don’t know any other language?
    Studies have proven that even very intelligent people make mistakes, not because they are stupid, but out of negligence. Studies have also proven that, even if you omit complete words in sentences, or write them completely wrong, most people are still able to understand what you mean. That’s because we don’t read word by word, we don’t need to as we are smart enough to get the message.

None of the teachers, who taught me to write correctly, has ever made money in trading. There is no correlation between mastering a language and mastering trading.

But I’m not sure if my opinion is correct, because I sometimes make errors against the English language, which means according to you, that I probably am dumb.

#38     Jul 10, 2007
  9. Amen :D

#39     Jul 10, 2007
  10. I think you could probably raise your maximum risk per trade to 2%.

Where do I get 2% from?

I know lots of traders who use that level. Also, I note that the turtles, one of the most successful groups of traders, under Richard Dennis, placed their stops on the basis of position risk and no trade could incur more than 2% risk.

#40     Jul 10, 2007