Always winning

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Burtakus, May 5, 2005.

1. Cutten

Cutten

Winning is making the most money, relative to risk, over the long-term. Therefore only a total loser who wasn't competitive would care about trying to maximise the success rate of trades or trading days, at the expense of long-term profitability. Typical "competitiveness" is a loser trait in trading, IMO.

It's up to you to decide whether you want to be an uncompetitive clueless loser, or a long-term winner.

#11     May 5, 2005
  2. Cutten

Cutten

Lol, good post :D Surprised I haven't heard these recommendations from the legions of Robbins/NLP sheep yet.

#12     May 5, 2005
  3. John47

John47

I find that lying is really great in helping you always win. Practice all the time. Just the other day a friend and I were watching TV, and he said, "hey, did you ever see that movie?" I had no idea what he was talking about, but still answered, "Yes."

He came back with, "well what did you think of the ending?" ....Without hesitation I said, with finality, "It sucked." That shut him up. To this day, he has no idea that I've never seen the movie.

You think thats bad, you should see me in a place like the grocery store, or laundramat. Think "pitbull loose in a daycare." Nobody escapes my wrath.

#13     May 5, 2005
  4. Hey folks:

What I have said is (in my opinion) how it works in the real world. Look at how successful people handle life. They are driven. They think about success. They do whatever it takes to get an edge. And they fight to keep it. As far as abusing old folks, I hope someone has figured out that I am kidding. I used to open doors for women.

Lefty.

#14     May 5, 2005
  5. You evidently have a mistaken notion of cause and effect. Unfortunately, by the time you figure it out, it will probably be too late.

#15     May 5, 2005
  6. So you don't have a washing machine in your home?

#16     May 5, 2005
  7. Well Nik:

Whatever would I do without your fucking help. Why don't you take a moment from your day job at the United Nations and explain "cause and effect" to me? We could all use the education.

Looking forward to hearing your erudite comments.

Lefty the fucking moron.

#17     May 5, 2005
  8. John47

John47

One more post like that and great trader is gonna punch his monitor as hard as he can.

Laundromat => great place to pick up chicks.

#18     May 5, 2005
  9. Been a while, but in college I knew guys who had great luck picking up women at the laudromat and the supermarket. Never got the hang of that myself.

See ya

Lefty

#19     May 5, 2005
  10. Lefty, why do you swear so much, man? It makes you look like kind of juvenille, don't you think? You evidently want really really badly to be taken seriously. It would help if you stopped talking like a 16 year old. We've all said fuck before, and we've all heard other people say it. It isn't that cool.

My erudition doesn't compare to your own, obviously. I don't get the UN reference at all. I do get the impression that you don't get much respect from people in real life. Try backwards engineering your problem, it may help.

#20     May 5, 2005