Always Trending & Choppy

Discussion in 'Trading' started by K-Rock, Apr 30, 2006.

1. Sorry, when you said "Anyone", I thought you meant anyone.

I only trade based on "what the Market is doing right now". I am THE originator of the saying "Price is King & the market is a monarchy". The problem with "enlightened daytraders" is they always seem to overlook their ability to objectively define their trading environment. I do it without crossovers & voodoo and along with trading in realtime, I have discovered the ability to use ONE, and only one, specifically fine tuned momentum indicator to confirm what I am seeing the "Market do right now". That confirmation gives me the ability to define the trend with pin point accuracy at any given moment. I do not use the indicator to execute trades because they all lag. But if you know what you are doing they can be used to confirm "what the market is doing right now." I've spent over 11 years laying out the proofs for that so maybe sometime in the future you may find the patience to confirm that for yourself. Though from the sound of it, that would ruffle your belief system and that would never sit well in the flash house.

Like you said, if you are trading well cool but don't knock what you don't understand. Try to understand it.

#51     Jun 17, 2006
  2. cnms2

cnms2

Just a friendly question: why don't you try to use proper orthography? :confused:

#52     Jun 17, 2006
  3. Pardone masure...i didnt mean to attack or belittle what u are doing. I was merely putting my two cents in about "trending/chop" and providing a simple trade strategy to get some order back to those who are frustraded and chasing their tail...sorry if it sounded otherwise degrading to whatever it is u r doing, but i stand by my statements. I could even go on to declare that "there is no validity in confirmation theory".

It sounds like you are almost there though. Have u tried turning off your momentum indicator and trading without it? It sounds like you know u dont need it, yet ur more hanging onto eleven years of study for some kind of crutch. If you would like to elighten with specifics, as I have done, lets have the momentum indicator. Are u passing it out? Or selling something? Be a sport and at least lay it out here so some of the hard heads can have something to chase and backtest.

Everyone else, heres something that will define the trend with "pinpoint acuracy at any given moment" and provide confirmation every time in any market and any time frame...and it will clearly define your trading environment right now: higher highs-higher lows = TREND UP; lower highs lower lows = TREND DOWN. If this is too complicated to understand then keep studying entropy, chaos or whatever. Better yet...just buy someone elses something. :)

#53     Jun 18, 2006
  4. WOW...orthography....was my post confusing to u????

i would splain later if i could be teached to spoke proper :D

#54     Jun 18, 2006
  5. After years of research I found that price creates both minor and extreme oscillations. Playing just the HH-HL-HH or LH-LL-LH of those minor oscillations are ok if you are a scalp trader or don't mind the increased risk but defining and playing those extreme oscillations immensely limits the risk and increases the profit on each trade at the same time.

Search here on ET. All my opinions & particulars are listed here.

#55     Jun 18, 2006
  6. Then ya're not ver far yet. Ya'll need at least 10 times as many years of that kind of research.

#56     Jun 19, 2006
  7. What is your secret to long life? I had no idea you were over 150 years old! I mean you have to be at least that old and an IQ of over 200 considering your arrogant attitude toward that which you know nothing about.

#57     Jun 19, 2006
  8. NN,

Do you have any ideas why usually a trading mentor/ guru not to run concurrently a trading signals service in order to prove his creditability and earn more money at the same time? :confused:

#58     Jun 19, 2006
  9. Every wonder why the biggest critics of anything are the ones least informed or least involved with that which they criticize?:confused:

#59     Jun 19, 2006
  10. Cheese

Cheese

Well anyone would wonder why someone selling trading advice would not have the knowledge to have already made himself a fortune such that he wouldn't need to be selling anything?
    :)

#60     Jun 19, 2006