Always Trending & Choppy

Discussion in 'Trading' started by K-Rock, Apr 30, 2006.

1. patoo

patoo

Oh yes he is! I just spent the afternoon hacking his two websites and reading a lot of what is on EliteTrader.

He is mad. Bitstream and others are picking on him.

His website is making a lot of claims. Anybody got $4500 plus hotel and air to go see what he is selling??

AND, professor, I already do your market turns myself. I just have to ask volente!! :D

#21     May 28, 2006
  2. cnms2

cnms2

But you contradict yourself:
    • Quote from ProfLogic:

"Personally ... I first spend 5 hours before the Market opens studying Fib numbers, Elliott wave patterns ..."
    :)

#22     May 28, 2006
  3. Cheese

Cheese

"..around for over 100 years.."
    All this lagging higher lows/highs or lower highs/lows stuff is old hat from Dow Theory as is the primary trend concept.

Anything older, and you'd have to be using the Dead Sea Scrolls as your trading manual.
    :)

#23     May 28, 2006
  4. Went back and read some history, as this looked interesting...

Not sure what is so controversial. Markets oscillate - check. (Even if it looks flat on one timeframe, it is osc on a lower one).
    Markets have direction - check. ( Duration and magnitude are another matter). Markets form support/resistance highs and lows - check (if they didn't they wouldn't be oscillating - it would be Dumper to Hell or "Bang/Zoom Alice!").

I guess those indicators are for momentum/divergence, direction and swingpoints...

Going to have to check into the accuracy of how volume bars are calc'd on my charts after reading some of this stuff...

#24     May 28, 2006
  5. Nice to see you have time on your hands doing internet B&E's.
    Class is over. No longer offering courses.
    Glad you already see what I do. You're a smart person that figured it out. Congratulations.

#25     May 28, 2006
  6. When you are ready, I'll show you.

#26     May 28, 2006
  7. There is no contradiction . . . that was sarcasm. Here is the whole post so everyone can see that you took the phrase out of context. Perfect example of why I don't teach anymore.

"Personally I like the above but I first spend 5 hours before the Market opens studying Fib numbers, Elliott wave patterns and saying prayers over a picture of Larry Pesavento and Larry Williams hugging at a trade show. Then with all my resources in front of me, I add a pinch of MACD, sprinkled with a smidgen of Stochastics, a touch of RSI and, least we forget, Woodies CCI Room & Kingfishers Room playing in the background. When they all line up on 8 separate minute charts, the Moon & Venus line up over Bob's house and then someone in Woodies Room screams SELL . . . I BUY. When they all diverge in perfect unison and I hear Kingfish mutter BUY. . . I SELL.

Needless to say I don't make many trades but it sure is a lot of fun.

Sorry guys . . . I couldn't resist."

#27     May 28, 2006
  8. ohhh you know Bob too?

#28     May 28, 2006
  9. If you know that then you know the only thing Dow and his followers never did was to define the Primes. I do.
    That and the price oscillations occur in real-time, they don't lag. The indicator, which only verifies, lags. I don't trade the indicator I trade price. But as I've said before . . . what you don't understand . . . condemn and ridicule. Makes one feel better.

#29     May 28, 2006
  10. sniff sniff . . .
    My whole method had to be recalculated when Bob died & Kingfish escaped to Belize.
    :p

#30     May 28, 2006