Always Profitable Trading System

Discussion in 'Trading' started by scalpmaster, Nov 1, 2006.

1. flipping burgers and tossing coins are why 90% traders lose money because they are as good as technical and fundamental analysis that rely too much on accuracy/probability/infomation.

There are techniques out there purely based on money management/logical algorithms and not news/charting...true winners

#11     Nov 3, 2006
  2. ronblack

ronblack

Theoretically yes, you may be correct. You could profit by just applying money management but you need a huge account. Probability of ruin kills small accounts in favor a larger accounts.

Think of it this way: if we start flipping coins for $1 per flip, and I have just $10 but you have $1,000 you will win eventually regardless of what money management strategy I use.

Ron

#12     Nov 3, 2006
  3. That's why I said flipping coin and burgers are as bad as FA/TA...

Please invest your $10 in lottery and I will invest my $1000 in
    writing a trading book and printing 100 copies(paid by myself)
    to display at $50 on consignment in bookshops.

:p :D

#13     Nov 3, 2006
  4. Anyone into ANTI-MARTINGALE MODELS in trading systems?

#14     Nov 3, 2006
  5. The simpliest and most reliable way I have found over the last 25 years to weed out the shucksters and thieves , is to just scroll down their webpage and look for the words "simulated or hypothetical results". They are smart enough to cover their ass once you discover the falicies of their grail.

#15     Nov 3, 2006
  6. So people that believe that the market is random rely upon luck?

#16     Nov 3, 2006
  7. Hey! ...you could call it scalpmaster :)

#17     Nov 3, 2006
  8. I believe something was discussed like this a long time ago.... if i recall it went something like:

if there is a 50/50 chance of a stock moving up 5 points or down 5 points, applying proper risk management creates a winning system. Stop loss at -1 point; take profit at +2 points.

It got a lot of people thinking...wish I could find the thread.

If this strategy could ever be successful, I think it would work best with option trading. Manage a system based on "hitting homeruns" on highly volitile stocks.:confused:

#18     Nov 4, 2006
  9. fletch2

fletch2

This seems to be a widely held point of confusion. The expectancy of the so-called "random walk" is hugely positive. There is nothing special about making money on a +EV wager.

Fletch

#19     Nov 4, 2006
  10. KS96

KS96

Please explain why do you think it is.

#20     Nov 4, 2006