"Always be fading"?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by IronFist, Jul 16, 2008.

1. JSSPMK

JSSPMK

Buy Lo & sell Hi have been driving markets for centuries, nothing has changed. I woudn't worry about fading a 50/50 probability.

#31     Jul 16, 2008
  2. You can fade a move and still trade with the trend.

#32     Jul 16, 2008
  3. What?

When the indicator that guy was talking about says to sell, you actually buy. That's more like buying highs and selling lows, except not at the peaks, so there's still room for profit.

#33     Jul 16, 2008
  4. Now, that's trading wisdom right there.

NN

#34     Jul 16, 2008
  5. JSSPMK

JSSPMK

What? Don't ask a fella full of vino why, as I am short on because at the mo. Why Buy Lo & Sell Hi? Because that's the way of the world, all you need to do is widen the time frame. That's how wealth has been made & preserved for centuries.

Some people will swear by consumption of alchohol making them warm at cold temperatures, reality is that this is a temporary illusion, in fact what it creates is the reverse effect, but because you are marry you don't give a monkeys. But the fact is your body is deceived & cools down a lot quicker after the effect of alchohol wears down. Hot drink does more good than alchohol, but how many people will agree with you?

#35     Jul 16, 2008
  6. Illum

Illum

Trying very hard to learn this. This thread is great, thank you to all the posters. Looking at FSLR. I am very new to this, so my choice may be poor. But thanks again for all the posts.

#36     Jul 16, 2008
  7. JSSPMK

JSSPMK

It's not hard, it just takes experience, like any other profession. What it means is that if the predominant trend is down & you short a retracement you are trading on the right side*.

*Subject to various terms & conditions.

#37     Jul 16, 2008
  8. contrary

contrary

And the other system is??

#38     Jul 16, 2008
  9. Illum

Illum

Ah I see, I am looking at taking a short in an uptrend, so here I am wrong with an analogy to FSLR. I take it, that if it were to correct and I went long in the face of it, that is what is being discussed. Sorry, let me get my noob ass out of the way of a great thread. :)

#39     Jul 16, 2008

10. exactly, well stated. there are several threads on elite talking about trends. the classic line is "if you flip a coin 20 times and get heads 20 times, are you in a heads trend?"

surf

#40     Jul 16, 2008