"Always be fading"?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by IronFist, Jul 16, 2008.

1. JSSPMK

JSSPMK

Meaning?

#21     Jul 16, 2008
  2. Cutten

Cutten

Sure, but the quote was "ALWAYS be fading". Not "fade selectively into strong support/resistance" or "fade at overextended extremes, with the major trend in your favour" - but ALWAYS be fading.

#22     Jul 16, 2008
  3. Meaning every single time price does a second test of support or resistance people rush to the masses thinking double top/bottom.

NN

#23     Jul 16, 2008
  4. Point duly noted.

NN

#24     Jul 16, 2008
  5. You have to be able to identify them correctly. The setup must confirm by breaking the previous High (for Bottoms) or Low (for Tops).

They are two (actually one, just inverted) of the most mis-understood pattern setups around.

I don't trade them as such, but I do see them after the fact.

#25     Jul 16, 2008
  6. JSSPMK

JSSPMK

Ahh, OK. I used to think the same looking at charts below 15m, the greater the time frame, the greater the opportunity, how you tame the beast is another matter. I have a journal going dedicated to that. Always a learner (borrowed quote).

#26     Jul 16, 2008
  7. Whatever you (the individual trader) uses, I've found that confluence is where it's at ... and if you spend enough time in the seat, you will begin to see some very interesting things.

Ciao

#27     Jul 16, 2008
  8. JSSPMK

JSSPMK

There is an extremely thin line between hindsight & real-time participation, if we learn how to take advantage, then we learn how to make mega returns vs losses.

It's about belief in oneself & risk control. It's just a game to screw with out minds.

#28     Jul 16, 2008
  9. Absolutely, could not agree more.

NN

#29     Jul 16, 2008
  10. #30     Jul 16, 2008