Alvin Greene got 358,000 votes

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Range Rover, Nov 3, 2010.

1. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

but that isn't what you said. you said:

so either you meant to say "in the last two presidential elections", or you misstated. because the gallup poll only shows the last two presidential elections. to extrapolate and claim this applies to all congressional/senate/governor races (and even below on the state level) is a bit much, no?

#21     Nov 4, 2010
  2. bpcnabe

bpcnabe

#22     Nov 4, 2010
  3. True.I remember during the recent Iraqi and Afghan elections where insurgents were killing and threatning to kill people who voted.I think they had a higher then 25 % turn out

#23     Nov 4, 2010
  4. rew

rew

Well, that's a black Republican vs. a black Democrat, so it's not surprising the black Democrat won 90% of the black vote. Show me a race where a black Republican runs against a white Democrat.

#24     Nov 4, 2010

5. Ed Rendell -Lynn Swann

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/p...adelphia__and_some_see_signs_of_progress.html

"In the 2006 race for governor, black Republican candidate Lynn Swann got only 13 percent of the black vote and suffered a devastating loss to incumbent Gov. Rendell. Saint Joseph University history professor Randall Miller says this type of loyalty by black voters is likely to remain with the Democrats next week."

#25     Nov 4, 2010
  6. DHOHHI

DHOHHI

Over 90% of his votes were people who voted a straight Democratic ticket.

The other 30K votes were some who were anti-Demint.

#26     Nov 4, 2010
  7. DHOHHI

DHOHHI

Is that why Tim Scott, a black Republican here in SC got 2/3 of the vote?

Back to Alvin Greene and why he got more votes than Clemments - Greene was affiliated with a party (Democrats). And most of his votes were those who pulled the Vote All Democrat ticket lever.

#27     Nov 4, 2010
  8. Tim Scotts seat has been Republican since 1981

#28     Nov 4, 2010
  9. Alvin Greene got more than a 1000 votes because of the leftist media
    ... and Range Rover's cousins. [​IMG]

#29     Nov 4, 2010
  10. #30     Nov 4, 2010