Aluminum

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by stonedinvestor, Feb 11, 2007.

1. Canadian takeout- Novelis.
    Does this spark sector on Monday?
    CENX a nice play can be a mover and shaker I'd be out before earnings Feb 20 they booted the last one. (I know I was there holding the bag).
    KALU out of bankruptcy, ready to be sold?

Any other Aluminum ideas-?

Normally I wouldn't use a takeout as a reason to accumulate a sector but they've been a few in the Aluminum space. Gold running up also is a wind to our back- it indicates a leg up perhaps for all these plays anyway-

2. ACH

Chinese Aluminum. What else could one want?

3. Don't you know runningman-I'm already in that one a bit already! But you know what? You're right- why dick around? I should just go harder on ACH it's a lovely story.....

4. Just my humble .02, but metals are overdone, unless you assume infrastructure growth at a higher rate than what's occurred in the last 5 years.

That's a stretch, IMO.

ACH has also had massive share dillution through splits.

5. PKX is another nice metals play. Korean steel co.

6. Wow that didn't take long!
    Alcoa shares rally on report it's a bid target
    Marketwatch - February 13, 2007 8:35 AM ET

Related Quotes
    Symbol Last Chg
    AA Trade 32.90 0.00
    BHP Trade 44.01 0.00
    NVL Trade 43.67 0.00
    RTP Trade 210.43 0.00
    Real time quote.

NEW YORK (MarketWatch) -- Shares in Alcoa Inc. leapt as much as 10% in premarket trading Tuesday after a report that mining giants BHP Billiton and Rio Tinto are each contemplating bids for the Pittsburgh-based aluminum producer, which is valued at more than $28 billion.

Everybody wants in on the Alluminum!

7. There is a glut of aluminum.

When this Alcoa rumor is dispelled, watch out below.

8. Lehman hit AA with an intraday downgrade. BUT Stoney made a nice call 2 days ago on the Aluminum stocks. If anyone bought AA or AL, it would've been a nice quick profit.

9. Definitely. Great short term trading.

I'd take the money and run, though. There's a lot more negative news about to hit about metric ton aluminum pricing according to Bloomberg.

10. Damn you silent ETers' I know you are out there. I know you are listening. I know you are buying.

ACH tags more new session & 9 month highs

KALU (monday $72- Tues $76) Gain > $4

CENX (monday $46- Tues $48) Gain > $2

>>> Why should Stoney race to post his ideas if you don't respond with kindness?

#10     Feb 13, 2007