Altucher

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by KevinK, Sep 22, 2005.

1. Babak

Babak

James, doesn't Cramer still have his porftolio (what does he call it?) where he lets people know what he's buying/selling for a price? or did he stop that service?

I can understand you being diplomatic but he repeatedly makes horrendous calls. His mid May bashing of oil stocks right at their bottom and then the bullish turn just recently was a classic Cramer.

edit: I found the link
    https://secure2.thestreet.com/cap/prm.do?PID=PRAA-0001&OID=002792

Action Alert Plus

(I guess "Action Alert Super Duper Premium Wizbang" was taken)

#21     Sep 27, 2005
  2. you write for cramer and dont know that he runs an action alert portfolio? does that mean that cramers own writers dont take his calls seriously?

#22     Sep 27, 2005

3. AMEN !

austin

#23     Sep 27, 2005
  4. Vishnu

Vishnu

I meant, doesn't run a hedge fund at the moment. But heck, i subscribe to his action alerts portfolio so I'm definitely aware of it. I subscribe to that and Markman's Value Investor on the site.

#24     Sep 27, 2005
  5. surf

surf

Those who rip on Cramer are showing their massive misunderstanding of the man.

surf:D

#25     Sep 27, 2005
  6. Babak

Babak

No need to 'rip' on Cramer. He provides the noose to hang himself. Just write down any call he makes when the veins are popping and revisit it in a leisurely way in the future.

#26     Sep 27, 2005
  7. Vishnu

Vishnu

I have say, I think Cramer's show is great:

- performace is positive and handily beating the indices by about 100 basis points a month or more (buying stocks at open next day and holding until he stops recommending).

- I learn from his comments. Here's a guy who has been in the trenches for 2 decades and he's basically giving us his gut reactions on every trade. Its educational.

#27     Sep 28, 2005
  8. Choad

Choad

SHLD, DNA, DKS, CELG, FLDR,..., ..., ...

Okay, maybe he got GOOG right, but tracking sites I've seen show Cramer not beating the indices after commission.

And the "from the gut" trading style is what almost ruined his hedge fund. His wife had to step in and save the day. And from what he admits and books written about him, a lot of his gains came from "dirty tricks" and information flow. And some great traders (Toddo) that worked for him. Hey, nothing wrong with making money with trickery, unless you were on the other side...

Cramer can be entertaining in a train wreck sort of way, but he is a woefully average, or worse, stock and option trader from what I've seen the last 6 years. But I will admit, as a markets salesman and promoter, there may be none better.

JMHO

Good luck to all.

#28     Sep 28, 2005
  9. Babak

Babak

Don't forget he threw in the towel on oil stocks in mid May (pretty much the bottom to the day).

Pretty much. Who can forget his nonsensical rants against Reg FD?

#29     Sep 30, 2005
  10. not sure how accurate this cramer analysis is:
    http://www.booyahboyaudit.net/A-C.html

#30     Sep 30, 2005