Altucher- Bears ae dead wrong, S&P to 1300 in 2010

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Clubber Lang, Mar 29, 2010.

1. TGregg

TGregg

I guess all the bad news is really priced in now. ;)

#121     Jun 29, 2010
  2. #122     Jun 29, 2010
  3. Wait till a loaf of bread costs 25 bucks.

Prints of 14000, shit you will see prints of 50,000

#123     Jun 29, 2010
  4. Since you are reading this, why not come out of the hiding and comment as you did at beginning of thread?

#124     Jul 1, 2010
  5. good point. Mr. Altucher just left us hanging there. at this juncture we would like to know if he has changed his bullish stance.

BTW it is ok to be wrong now and then. nobody is perfect, not even Jim Cramer. :D

#125     Jul 1, 2010
  6. hehe. True, as long as one is not always wrong. :)

The problem with wrong views is that if you read them, and say you were short at area of top, your commitment to your views decreases. You then start doubting and taking small losses, reduce size, or taking profits too early when the move starts.

That is why I am convinced for myself that my reading of the views of others is damaging my views on markets. But since one cannot be isolated, the damage to views is I guess the price to pay to read what others are doing/thinking.

Actually to time the market, one should just follow the opposite of the most popular guys. A reason might be that they are popular BECAUSE THEY ARE WRONG. This may sound strange, but if you think about it further, the popular guy is popular because he is repeating the view that average Joe already has in his head.

If you were to run a service, and you were right, you would not be popular because you will say things that the majority will view as stupid at the time you say them. They may even bad mouth you because of the right things you say, but which they find as wrong.

#126     Jul 1, 2010