Althucher guesses: trend funds to disappear within the next 10 years...

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by marketsurfer, Mar 27, 2006.

1. ecritt

ecritt

To what degree is Altucher thriving? What's the name of his fund?

What happened to your website intrendx.com? Are you not reporting anymore?

ec

#271     Jan 2, 2007
  2. Trend Following

Trend Following Sponsor

My new book breaks down some legends. Some people didn't want that. Many of these rants are not unexpected.

#272     Oct 27, 2007
  3. Trend Following

Trend Following Sponsor

Will you ever do an honest review of my new book or will you just let your rants be your final word?

#273     Oct 27, 2007
  4. Mike,
    I notice that your new book has been ranked around #1000 this past month. Is that ranking good enough sales, if you can stay there for a few months?

#274     Oct 27, 2007
  5. Trend Following

Trend Following Sponsor

The book is selling well, yes. Since no one had yet to write a complete Turtle story, the book is finding a receptive audience.

#275     Oct 27, 2007
  6. #276     Jul 6, 2009
  7. Butterball

Butterball

Looks like Altucher was very wrong. Trend following funds now are bigger as an industry as they were in 2006 -- when the prediction was made.

#277     Jan 31, 2016
    i am nobody likes this.
  8. Altucher's reputation is confirmed again. Luckily nobody lost money this time.
    If funds would have disappeared Marketsurfer would already have made an update. But he didn't in the actual circumstances. Anybody any idea why? :D

#278     Jan 31, 2016
  9. Althucher publishes self help books and posts on Facebook regularly about how to become a successful person.

#279     Jan 31, 2016
  10. Pekelo

Pekelo

I stumbled upon Altucher's website and read a few of his blog entries. Prizing Elon Musk, OK, I already disagree with that. Then about Steve Case of AOL fame, he says he would have sold AOL for 100s of millions. So I looked up Case's worth, because I had a feeling he did OK without selling out. Yeap, his worth is 1.4 billion, I think that counts as success. A TED talk of Altucher's put me to sleep, but I wanted to give another chance, so I looked up reviews of his books.

"The good news is that there are 250 million people in this country. Maybe more. I forget." (p. 88).
    It's unprofessional, sloppy, and irritating. When I read that I had to ask myself "Why am I bothering to read this if you didn't bother to use google and look it up?"

OK, I don't think I am going to be a fan....

#280     May 29, 2016