Alternatives to Keynes or Austerity

Discussion in 'Economics' started by trading1, Oct 15, 2012.

1. well actually, it was every 50 years, and they didn't exist as a nation long enough to ever observe it

also, all land was to return to it's original owners

#41     Oct 17, 2012
  2. i think this is a clue to how these let her crash and burn nutter types think. they have been indoctrinated to believe that in the end their god will destroy the earth anyhow so why not just go ahead and get it over with.
    its just another byproduct of the superstition they believe.

#42     Oct 17, 2012
  3. achilles28

achilles28

On Ignore

#43     Oct 17, 2012
  4. achilles28

achilles28

Good points. Didn't the Romans institute a debt jubilee, as well?

#44     Oct 17, 2012
  5. I don't know, but nodbody that did is a world power today

but the catholics prohibition on usuary did enable the jewish domination of the banking system, since if you wanted to go to war, the only one who could arrange the loan without getting excomunicated was a jew

#45     Oct 17, 2012
  6. achilles28

achilles28

Did you get that from the Ascent Of Money documentary? I watched the first hour last night, which made the same assertion. Makes sense. How was usury defined back then? Any interest? Or excessive interest?

#46     Oct 17, 2012
  7. nah, from a book about the Rothschilds

#47     Oct 17, 2012
  8. achilles28

achilles28

Link?

#48     Oct 17, 2012
  9. by Frederic Morton, tells the whole story of the family from when the old man was by law, like all jews at the time, locked in the ghetto (that's where the name comes from) at night

#49     Oct 17, 2012
  10. piezoe

piezoe

Achilles, you mentioned a number of areas that I hadn't considered where it does appear there is not much difference between the parties; yet in your list of topics (mostly) not mentioned by the main stream parties I found a few topics where it seems there are dramatic differences between the parties and a few more where there are significant differences. But mostly what I found in this list are topics that are central to the Tea Party and/or the Libertarians and that's why I suppose you don't find either the Republicans or Democrats spending much time discussing them -- they apparently don't think these are as important issues right now as do the Tea Party folks or Libertarians. I wouldn't want to assume, however, that the Republican and Democrat approach to any of these "problems" would be identical.

Regardless of some issues on which there is either agreement or only minor differences, there are at least four area of major importance where the parties have very different positions: Defense Spending and War, Medical Care, Entitlements, Education.

We all know what these differences are.

#50     Oct 17, 2012