Alternatives to E-signal

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by swtrader, Dec 9, 2005.

1. IB + Quotetracker is great now with historical backfill going back to 1970's lol. No continuous contracts yet though.

But for 60 bucks a YEAR who cares!

#21     Dec 9, 2005
  2. #22     Dec 9, 2005
  3. vhen,
    QT has historical charts now, not sure if you get futures but for equities you get Big Charts data.Haven't used historical charts much yet, I mostly use it to track a bunch of futures smarket intraday, minY futures, gold etc. It does the job

#23     Dec 9, 2005
  4. Something like this:
    [​IMG]

#24     Dec 9, 2005
  5. yes that is what i was thinking. can you link a historical chart like that to every stock symbol you type into an intraday chart and get instant historical info?

#25     Dec 9, 2005
  6. would depend on the datafeed you use and the securities you track. If you are just tracking stocks, no problem regardless of datafeed. If you are tracking futures, then it will work if you have one of the datafeeds that supports historical data on futures, such as:

eSignal
    IQFeed
    Prophet

#26     Dec 9, 2005
  7. What gets me is why eSignal doesnt have any put/call data!!

Can someone explain that to me?? hmmm??!!

ESIGNAL....... WHY WONT YOU CARRY PUT/CALL RATIOs?????

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

#27     Dec 9, 2005
  8. one other annoying quirk

anyone else pull up something like RTH, and have it available on the 60 minute, but not daily and weekly timeframes?

i get a lot of stocks that wont show daily - i even have a 390 minute interval for when that happens - annoying

#28     Dec 12, 2005
  9. Bsulli

Bsulli

Because TRS80's and Commodore64's backends don't have enough horsepower to cacluate in on the fly! :D

only kidding, it is however one of several reasons I left them a year ago and have been better off for it. Less downtime.

Bsulli

#29     Dec 12, 2005