Alternatives to E-signal

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by swtrader, Dec 9, 2005.

1. I pay at this moment at Esignal 59$ a month plus 23$ exchange fees. Total :82$.
    I compared with Iqfeed: 50$ a month plus 20$ exchange fees. Total: 70$

If I compare the difference between the two and see that in relation to my monthly profits, the only conclusion I can make is: Why bother about these 12$. It’s far below 1% of my net monthly profits.

I’ve always been satisfied; apart from today’s problems I can only remember about 1 big problem with the data feed. It was the day when Esignal did an upgrade on their system and the whole system went down (I think it was last year).

But everyone has to decide from his point of view what is his best solution. There is unfortunately not 1 solution that is the best for all investors. Connections seems not to be as good all over the world. And depending on which markets you follow the decision can be different also.

But I must agree that I’m angry about the raise in subscription fee and administrative fee.

:mad:

#11     Dec 9, 2005
  2. FredBloggs

FredBloggs Guest

try trading futures:

$85 basic cost

+ $25 admin fee/premium (why??? no one else does)

+ exchange fees - around $40 - no one else seems to be charging more next year.

if you want extras, then its more....

stock traders probably get a better deal, but for futures traders, its unacceptable.

#12     Dec 9, 2005
  3. Fred,
    i'm daytrading the ES. So i'm trading futures. But i use Tradestation so i have enough with the basic feed. TS is on top of that far more powerful and much more flexible then Esignal charting.

So try to buy a TS and you can lower the payments to Esignal while increasing the posibilities. Talking about a good investment.

#13     Dec 9, 2005
  4. Right, because many stock trader are with prob firms and
    get free charting with the package (futures BD give enough
    leverage needed, so no more prob), that's why Esignal equity basic have to be cheaper, eSignal eSmart :D

#14     Dec 9, 2005
  5. nassau

nassau

esignal has been down most of the day..on several of my accounts..and did not come back up until almost close of market..

w

#15     Dec 9, 2005
  6. nassau

nassau

esignal for nasdaq, nyse, options

monthly expense..100usd

w

#16     Dec 9, 2005
  7. FredBloggs

FredBloggs Guest

i thought the $25 admin fee for futures would also apply to e-mini feed.

so you pay the $25 futures fee + the reduced exchange fees for e-minis for your feed, regardless of whos platform you chart the feed with.

this is how it looks from their costs page to me.

do tell me if i am wrong on this.

at the end of the day, i admit this is all nickel & dime stuff, but of you pay for a feed, you expect it to work. the costs of a missed trade or badly executed trade because of a poor feed can far outweigh the cost of a months feed. money is money though - and as someone pointed out earlier, a good business reduces costs and has good, reliable business partners.

#17     Dec 9, 2005
  8. Fred,

i pay next year (so with the new rates):
    Esignal Basic : 59$/month
    CME Eminis: 23$/month

That's all. I don't need the more expensive charting subscription because i have TS2000i.

#18     Dec 9, 2005
  9. I like ProRealtime although if you need a lot of markets it starts adding up. Great for Eurex futures and European equities. Charts are really nice, see here: www.alternative-investor.net

otherwise I have been using QCharts then QT. QT is just getting better and better, amazing.

#19     Dec 9, 2005
  10. qt would have a great package if they had a way to do historical charts for one year.

#20     Dec 9, 2005