Alternatives for SEC Filing alerts? (vs 10kwizard = morningstar)

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by stdy, Dec 14, 2012.

1. stdy

stdy

I've been using Morningstar Document Research (aka 10Kwizard) for years to get real-time email alerts for SEC filings on my stocks, including Form 4 insider trades (and all other filings for these stocks). My subscription is up for renewal today, and they're now charging OVER $400 A YEAR. Does anyone use a competing service that costs less and that they're happy with? Thanks.

2. You can set up google reader and then add the rss feed for the company (or just the form 4s) from the SEC site to the google reader.

3. jharmon

jharmon

If it's worthwhile in your trading system to get such alerts, $400 a year is chicken feed

4. It can't hurt to shop around, if somebody else can do it for less, that's good info for everybody to know...

5. Didn't I just post a $0 solution? I use it. It works. And it's a cinch to set up.

6. stdy

stdy

Billy, if a company makes a filing a 10 AM, I generally get a 10Kwizard email before 10:05. How long does it take via rss? Thanks.

7. Well that depends how fast the hamsters over at Google HQ can spin their wheels. I mean, it's probably exactly the same thing, except they charge you for it.

8. Bob111

Bob111

• sec.png
      File size:
      99.9 KB
      Views:
  9. Bob111

Bob111

10. It looks like the Google rss is not instantaneous, more like every 60 minutes, so you'll probably get it on an avg or 30 minutes later. Does anyone really need instantaneous access to a 10k or a form 4? That's not exactly info that's traded.

#10     Dec 17, 2012