Alternative leverage methods?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by GordonTheGekko, Oct 5, 2011.

1. GordonTheGekko

GordonTheGekko Guest

Does anyone have solid overnight strategies? This would not be day trading because it goes overnight, so his account could pop over $25k without getting restricted by his broker...

I can link his account to mine, or perform the same trades that I successfully execute... He wasn't going to day trade.

I'd like to use my strategies and not go for alternative routes if possible.

Also, only one margin account is allowed per SSN, and cash accounts take up to days to clear the transactions.

It would be ideal if some, perhaps forign broker, would allow day trading with under 25k.

#11     Oct 8, 2011
  2. Most of those modern bucket shops are snake oil shop. The spread is much expensive than your normal broker service (which further reduce your chance to win), also, the trade execution from their platform are full of scum. :D

#12     Oct 8, 2011
  3. GordonTheGekko

GordonTheGekko Guest

Thanks for the replies guys.

He's going to open a futures account, and I'm going to day trade the S&P ES and VIX exact ally as I do with the S&P and VIX ETFs.

It seems as though that during the day, futures trade verbatim with stocks, so this shouldn't be a problem. Futures also don't have the stupid FINRA min25k day trading rule... kind of ironic, because futures are arguably more risky...

#13     Oct 12, 2011