Altering Members' Posts And Names

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by BSAM, Sep 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BSAM

BSAM

When an ET member is constantly and/or maliciously altering other members' posts and/or members' names, that member who is doing the altering should be banned.
    Period.
    This practice is getting out of control.

2. Magna

Magna Administrator

I agree and see it done all the time in the P&R forum by a few wise-asses on both sides of the aisle. If you come into the Journals forum and do it — alter a person's name or alter the content of their post other than a 'snip' (see above) — you will be gone, no questions asked. It's really a low-class thing to do.

3. 377OHMS

377OHMS

Guilty here. :(

I would offer that I've been sort of dragged into it by others but thats no excuse. I'll stop doing that immedietely.

4. Magna

Magna Administrator

Thanks, much appreciated, and hope others doing it follow suit. Bottom line, people say enough silly things that it's sufficient to simply quote all (or part) of what they actually said to reveal how asinine they sound. No need to purposely falsify what someone else posts, no need to regress into name <s>calling</s> changing.

5. Lucrum

Lucrum

:( Me too.

6. A-No1

A-No1

Why'd you do it? Why'd you do it man:(

7. Magna

Magna Administrator

To be honest that's not important. Those of us who have been around here awhile know how these things get started, one person does it (maybe as a joke), then another, and so on and so forth. Kinda builds on itself. What does matter is that honorable people are stepping up to the plate and saying, okay, enough is enough. I appreciate BSAM for bringing up the issue along with those that have taken the time to post here, and hope this practice will just disappear for all concerned. Again, thanks guys.

8. I think calling for political correctness in P&R should be banned. Changing content is one thing but you're suggesting that lampooning names should be a bannable offense?
    No need to ban ridicule and sarcastic humor either... just because it doesn't suit your tastes or those of the people being mocked, that doesn't necessarily mean it has no place. What should we ban next? Puppies? :D

9. How about upgrading ET software a bit to include link of original post in the quoted post... this is standard in vb forums.

10. ET Dictator, would you rule on this please? Do you want to ban lampooning names in P&R? Please see my input two posts above this. Thanks.

#10     Oct 19, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.