Altavest Brokers - Comments Please!

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by tBK, Dec 27, 2002.

1. tBK

tBK

I am very keen to hear constructive comments (or more) regarding Altavest (http://www.altavest.com/) Brokers...

I was very happy to have found IB with such low commisions - but *sigh* i realised they trade electronic markets only :mad:

Altavest seems to allow all futures markets - well the ones i wish to trade (cocoa, sugar, lumber, crude oil... blah blah blah etc) with slightly higher commisions than IB (something like $12 per round turn, i beleve)

Over at altavest they use an online trading platform called LEO4 (widely used it seems), any comments about this would be greatly appreciated... I'm not a day trader - so speed of entry isnt really a major concern to me.

Hrrmmmm... so is there any reason why i should steer clear of this brokerage or welcome it into my loving arms ??? :D

Kind Regards

tBK.

2. Listen Mr. Schill:

I know you think you are unique and a genius....but you are about the 500th person who has "SUDDENLY REGISTERED" AND THEIR VERY FIST POST IS ....HAS ANYONE EVER HEARD OF THIS FIRM........

Just buy some advertising space ok? ..

3. tBK

tBK

:confused:

TM_Direct: Im looking for an Online broker that is 'like' IB, but allows traders most, if not all markets at commisions close as possible to IB.

Really, i dont care if its altavest, or some other brokerage - I just saw Altavest and noticed that it supported most requirements i had - i was merely seeking user's satisfaction.

If it helps your paranoid mind - then i would ask yourself and others of a brokerage simillar to IB (but allows trades with non-electronic contracts)

Could it be so hard to believe that i seek your knowledge in this area? :eek:

Kind Regards,

tBK.