also looking for new firm

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by dy070, Sep 8, 2005.

1. dy070

dy070

I would prefer to trade out of an office, but I am looking for an new prop firm. I trade between 50 and 100K shares per day. And my record speaks for itself. I trade mostly NYSE stocks.
    I live in Atlanta.

2. DK007

DK007

check out echotradeonline.com. They welcome any remote traders wanna be.

3. good thread .... LOL.

4. I find it hilarious how , whenever someone mentions
    "prop" trading ... a bunch of

newbie ET posters ... lurking on the sidelines

make their points known via posts or PM's

like sharks in a feeding frenzy when a drop of blood
    hits the water ...

:p

5. This is directly from the CME, maybe we can adopt these stipulations in distinguishing proprietary trader from all the rest.

A. The proprietary account is 100% owned by the firm. A proprietary account is evidenced through:

1. Only the firm’s capital is at risk of loss - no traders may have their own capital at risk;
    2. All profits and losses of the account are written off to income;
    3. All profits and losses of the account are taxed to the firm; and The trader does not make any capital contribution to the account.

I think that definition pretty much covers it. If it isn't the above, its not proprietary trading.

6. dy070

dy070

Get what you deserve,
    Thanks for the post, I am a prop trader by definition.
    I am new to the elite trader site but I am not a trading newbie. I have been in this business since I college. 13 years. First at the CME.
    I have traded my own funds but I prefer to trade someone elses. Takes some of the stress out of it. Although it basically is my money when I lose it.

7. Make sure you inform the investor about risk of losing all ,
    for honest and fair deal

8. dy070

dy070

"Make sure you inform the investor about risk of losing all ,
    for honest and fair deal"

What????
    I work for a trading company. All we do is daytrade. I think the partners understand the risk.
    I am not looking for some random investor to stake me.

9. Exactly. You are an employee of the firm and trade their capital not yours. Any other "definition" is bullflop: if you contribute your capital to either the trading accounts or training then you are an investor in a business - a partner perhaps in an LLP.

If you are going to be a business owner though partnership you had better make sure that you are getting a good agreement. Few, if any of the agreements I have seen were worth the capital contributions being asked for .....

10. I agree too that few of these agreements are worth what people put up.

#10     Sep 9, 2005