already sorry I've opened a new IB account ...

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by tortoise, Jan 13, 2011.

1. tortoise

tortoise

Sigh. And to think, yours was one of the only constructive responses I received on this thread.

Sorry about your retracted offer, but that's ok. I figured it out. And, yes, you're right: TWS has made some (actually, lots) of changes since you configured your workspace.

I would post my findings on this but as my "general honesty" has already been impugned (question: Did I say I'd NEVER been an IB client before? Did I even imply it? Can someone open a NEW account with a broker with whom they've already had account? Do you also have the habit of projecting assumptions onto, say, your price charts?), what's the point? I'll let you figure it out.

In the meantime, I so look forward to taking the other side of your trades! Do you do DAX? Lemme know, 'k?:)

#51     Jan 14, 2011
  2. bigpapi

bigpapi

GOOD JOB BUSTING THIS CLOWN! PUTS A HAPPY ENDING TO THIS THREAD

#52     Jan 14, 2011
  3. tortoise

tortoise

OH YEAH! BUSTED!! ( ... um, for what, again?)

#53     Jan 15, 2011
  4. Good job in busting this loser, James!

OldTrader

#54     Jan 15, 2011
  5. moarla

moarla

Good job james!

I am studying brokers now for 3 years and all in all IB gives you all what you want.
    there are brokers with lower comms, but then they aer incomplete on other sides etc.
    and despite some claims about bad customer support, i had never thjat expirience, i had always a fast response and a good answer to my little problems.

that are my observations, just in case some newbie is reading this: for me IB is ok also for newbies, you need just to take some time to study all the features that IB offers.

#55     Jan 15, 2011
  6. themickey

themickey

I feel like putting this jerk tortoise on ignore, problem is I already have an arms length of names on my list, and if I keep adding there will be nothing to read on ET.
    So you're saved tortoise, but only due to wanting to read more of this type humor, hehehe, only on ET. :p

#56     Jan 15, 2011
  7. tortoise

tortoise

LOL! I was wondering when OddTrader would show up. No IB thread is complete without a cameo from OddTrader.

Again, though, my question remains (unanswered): For what, precisely, have I been "busted"?

#57     Jan 15, 2011
  8. tortoise

tortoise

Actually, I'd thought of putting everyone on this thread on "ignore" except, well, I don't really give a rip one way or another.

I do remain curious to know what "offense" has inspired this pile-on ... other then, of course, the offense of offending the IB cultists.

The whole cult thing is a puzzle, too. What is it about a brokerage (a deeply flawed brokerage) that inspires such feverish and (judging from everyone's inability to answer my booktrader price question) ignorant loyalty? And loyalty not just from the isolated oddball like OldTrader but, it seems, from legions of folks on ET.

Are they, perhaps, aliases used by the same IB rep? One wonders ...

#58     Jan 15, 2011
  9. moarla

moarla

well, its not defending someone. but could you please give me a broker that has this thin gs to offer:

- trading from ONE account futures, options, stocks FOREX (ECN !!!)on markets in America, Europe Asia

-with decent or good commissions

-electronic opening for account for also for european customers

- API access

- login server in 3 places (USA, EUROPE, ASIA)

- many free or semi free tools to use

- many tools for trading and analytics

- one of the leaders in the business (not a crappy new broker thing)

- no lags on data flow like with other data servers

- online support always there (also during europe time zone!!)

- advisor account to handle more accounts at the same time (everything electronicaly managable, not needed to make things via phone)

- one of the best feeds for FOREX (belive me, i tested all)

- account possible in different currencys (changeble overnight every day iff needed, also electronicly)

- many account managment tools

etrc. etc. i cant remember now what else you can do with IB, but belive me, the supporters know what IB makes special.

AND: if you are looking only for the best comms for futures, then there are better ones like ADVANTAGE FUTURES (best comms for high volume). in every field you maby find someone better, but IF you need the whole package, then tell me another broker like IB.

please answer that or stay mute.

#59     Jan 15, 2011
  10. Next Wednesday Jan 19 at 07:00 EST I will be giving an IB webinar. In our chat a small group is switching to IB and they are completely swamped by the complexities of IB.

You can register at the stockguy22.com website.

Christian Gross

#60     Jan 15, 2011