already sorry I've opened a new IB account ...

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by tortoise, Jan 13, 2011.

1. rcj

rcj

2. There are many thirdy party front end facades for TWS, built for non power users like yourself ;-)

#32     Jan 14, 2011
  3. Roark

Roark

I don't use book trader. I never could figure it out or at least was never willing to spend the time. Instead, I use bracket trader for my IB front end. You might give that a try.

#33     Jan 14, 2011
  4. HAHHAHAHHA

#34     Jan 14, 2011
  5. cosmic

cosmic

from their hotkey defs -

'If you select BookTrader Price for any of the price configurations, you will only be able to set a mouse-click shortcut since using the BookTrader Price requires you to click on a price in the price ladder.'

#35     Jan 14, 2011
  6. To Tortoise: I have used Book trader in other platforms but at IB i prefer the TWS plain because i find it much easier. I looked at the JPG you have attached. I have no idea what "book trader price means". I am guessing that it may mean the market bid ask from the book but that is a guess. Yes, the best thing is call IB. They will be happy to tell you what it is. Their customer service is not that bad.

#36     Jan 14, 2011
  7. tortoise

tortoise

#37     Jan 14, 2011
  8. tortoise

tortoise

I think I've discovered the problem. You see, I am, in fact, a power user: After all, I am attempting to configure TWS' macro functionally in BookTrader. Not exactly "newbie" stuff.

But IB -- and I say this based on the majority of responses in this thread, such as yours -- is not built for "power users.". It's built for poseurs. Which is why y'all fly out of the woodwork to defend IB against all critics, even while you fail to offer any evidence that you know what the heck you're talking about.

Anyway, Businessman, thanks for the advice. Most illuminating.

#38     Jan 14, 2011

9. LOL, bad customer service is EXACTLY what sets them apart from the competition :D

#39     Jan 14, 2011
  10. bigpapi

bigpapi

Alrighty poweruser go gettem!

You can't even figure out how to place a buy order on tws I doubt you've ever placed a realmoney trade, you're just looking for the best sim software and ib is not that

#40     Jan 14, 2011